Question about elastics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braves123

Question about elastics

#1 Post by braves123 »

I asked my ortho if i would ever need elastics in the future and he said he didnt know.How does he not know? He said it is an adventure???i was just asking because i would like to know what my treatment involves,but i guess i will have to wait and see.

Meloho

#2 Post by Meloho »

My guess is that at the moment, he may really not know. He may want to avoid them, but depending on how your teeth cooperate, he may need to use them...time will tell. If anyone else knows better, by all means...lol!

joney

#3 Post by joney »

He said it is an adventure???
Unusual choice of words I would say. I would have thought that he would have some idea but perhaps you are borderline so you may not need them and I suppose your teeth may co-operate and hopefully they won't be needed.
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

NotBob1

#4 Post by NotBob1 »

I was told that the orthodontic treatment plan was like a pot of soup. Add a little of this, alittle of that, keep tasting it to see where you are at and eventually......you get there. I was perplexed by this! I was even disturbed by this! I now understand this..... :-#)
Pat
Class III tendency, crossbite 10-23
Maxillary horizontal & 2mm deficiency for upper teeth
GAC In-Ovation R, metal. Now with upper & lower Hawleys 24 hrs.

lionfish

#5 Post by lionfish »

I was told on day one that elastics would feature long and large in my treatment.

At the end of every adjustment, my ortho tells me what is likely to be happening next time. Sometimes it pans out, sometimes it doesn't. There have been a few surprises along the way, like when I went in for repairs last Tuesday (one week after my last scheduled adjustment) and got my lower wire changed out. I sort of go with the flow.