8 week update

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ready2go43

8 week update

#1 Post by Ready2go43 »

Hi all,just thought I would post some pics as it has been 8 weeks since been braceed,I have put 3 brace day pics and 3 today pics for comparison,sorry I could not get them side by side :oops: to take up less room.Hope you can see a difference,my teeth are really not as yellow as the photos honest.In 8 weeks I have had 4 brackets come off,1 was my fault :oops: never mind these things happen,4 weeks to 1st adjustment not sure wot to expect,good luck all :thumbsup:
Braced 19/04/07
Damon 3s
Upper & Lower

platinum

#2 Post by platinum »

Wow!!!!

Your lower teeth have been moving a lot!!!!!

braced4asmile

#3 Post by braced4asmile »

Fantastic results in a short period of time! I bet you're excited to see the changes!

Anxious to be debanded 4/23/08!

Meloho

#4 Post by Meloho »

So what did you for four of your brackets to come off?

I have this fear that one will pop off for no reason, like, just due to the tension from my elastics or something...stupid, huh? If any do, it'll likely be cuz I ate something I shouldn't have.

Btw, where can I get a list of foods not to eat w/ braces. I mean, taffy or caramels might be a given, but what others?

Ready2go43

#5 Post by Ready2go43 »

Hi,I am amazed how my lower arch is coming on :thumbsup: those are the teeth that have been more tender,its been weird really a couple of teeth hurt for a couple of days then they ease,then another tooth will hurt and so on,but if they are tender it shows that something is happening.
Regarding the loose brackets,two just popped off one day,one came off while brushing,and the other was while eating a piece of edinburgh rock,it was supposed to be a treat :oops:,we all learn from our mistakes.
There is not much I cant eat now,hardly know I have braces on,really settled in well,really miss snickers bars though lol,at least I can eat bacon now :D cant live without a bacon butty,soon be 1st adjustment,will keep updating,cheers all :-88
Braced 19/04/07
Damon 3s
Upper & Lower

mindykatz

#6 Post by mindykatz »

Ready2Go43: Wow! I hope my teeth move as much as yours do in such a short time! Looking good!

Meloho: my ortho's assistant gave me a list of no-no foods, and then she explained that the list is basically for kids, and as an adult, just to use common sense as to what to eat and what not to eat. Nothing that will pull or break off your brackets.