Pain, Pain please stop!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Phil098342wq

Pain, Pain please stop!!

#1 Post by Phil098342wq »

Okay I have had it with this pain. It is mostly due to hitting of teeth on teeth and teeth vs bracket. I am calling my ortho today to see about having something made that would keep the teeth apart. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggs for talking with the ortho?

If I can't get the pain under control I will go nuts. Its either this or a prescrip. I only ate a partial ice cream treat, small fries and a couple of bites of various items last night for food yesterday. This cannot will not continue. I cleaned out the fridge this morning and threw away so much food. But if I don't have it around, I can't eat it.

Anyway enough venting, thanks for listening.
:-((
[/url]

Laurie

#2 Post by Laurie »

Oh that must be painful. There has to be something they can do to help.

bbsadmin

#3 Post by bbsadmin »

Usually orthodontists don't want the teeth to hit each other or hit brackets, so I'm sure he'll do something to remedy the situation.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Phil098342wq

#4 Post by Phil098342wq »

I did call and the nurse said"Oh in a few weeks they'll move and it won't be a problem, (she then corrected) but what do I know." I am a drafter at and engineering firm and my college classes were with mech. drafters not arch. drafters. I know a friend who is a jewler, I know we can come up with something.

I have an appt Tue at 9, the ortho is out of town, I did not even expect to get in that early. I have had an awful headache, and have over med myself and I know that is bad.

I try to keep my teeth apart since I noticed this shortly after my Bday. Its hard, the other day I stepped off the curb and my teeth hit and I fell to the ground in pain.

I know some how I can solve this.
[/url]

platinum

#5 Post by platinum »

Try chewing gum. Place it between your molars.

Phil098342wq

#6 Post by Phil098342wq »

Not eating enough again. Just not hungry. May see dr monday.
[/url]

LaaLaa

#7 Post by LaaLaa »

Oh, I'm sorry you are having so much trouble with your braces Phil and I hope it gets better for you very soon. When I got both arches braced, my Ortho noticed that my top front teeth were hitting the bottom brackets so she put on these clear rubber bracket protectors on top of the 2 bottom brackets. This prevented me from hitting the brackets but also hitting my back molars, which was an annoyance in its self. :? :-+ Since, I guess have grown a habit of clenching my teeth when I sleep, I dealt with a lot of pain and waking up because of the pain the last month, so I know what you are going through. I hope your Ortho can see you as soon as possible because you shouldn't have to suffer this much. :(

kirjax

#8 Post by kirjax »

wow sorry to hear about your discomfort.

Well about a week ago my teeth must have moved and now my top eye tooth hits my bottom molar (which it didn't do before)....the discomfort has subsided however when it first happened and the teeth would hit it hurt really bad! But now I am not bothered by it. I go for my first adjustment monday so I am curious to see what they're going to do now.

Sentenced: 20-24 months
Braced May 11, 2007
Debraced Feb. 23, 2009
21 months in braces, 17 months in elastic, NO regrets!! Now in Hawley retainers!!