most original question ever??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Nicola

most original question ever??

#1 Post by Nicola »

Hello folks!
I am due to do a first aid course next week (as I am a first aider at my work- can't get out of it unfortunately!) & am a little worried that my braces will get in the way for the resuscitation bit (with that awful dummy thing!!).
Has anyone ever experienced this - if so was it a problem?

Thanks in advance!! :?

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

Just tell the dummy "no tongues" :lol:

Seriously though, you should be fine.

Laurie

#3 Post by Laurie »

It shouldn't be too much of a bother. Might want to take some wax with you in case your braces bang against your lips when you do CPR.

Pixel Witch

#4 Post by Pixel Witch »

I am CPR certified, and the procedures have changed in the last couple of years. If your instructor is up to date, there will be no more actual mouth to mouth training, and CPR is now focused on chest compressions and proper form.

I was rather surprised the first renewal that had switched to the new system.

Pepper

#5 Post by Pepper »

We had to do that in gym class. It wasn't hard at all. Don't worry.

Sherri

#6 Post by Sherri »

I just recertified my CPR and first aid and all the breathing is done using a mask over the dumies face.. I had no problem breathing into the mask. They mostly concentrate on chest compressions now.