should I or shouldn't I?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

wwdia

should I or shouldn't I?

#1 Post by wwdia »

My son and I both have appts. for bands tomorrow morn @ 9:45. His are for head gear and mine are for a nance. Anyway... I was wondering how much pain to expect on his end???
Should I expect to keep him home the for the rest of the day?
Thanks everyone!!!!

Delag

#2 Post by Delag »

I would just ask him how he feels about it. Give him an Advil before the appt. and let it be his call. If he is really uncomfortable or if the hg makes swallowing difficult, then by all means let him take the day off. He will probably feel fine on day one - day two is when you tend to be a little more sore.

Kat

#3 Post by Kat »

He will be fine that same day. I noticed the day after for about a week it was real sore but nothing that's remotely close to a problem. No worries.
Just give him something for pain the next couple days even if in school.

wwdia

#4 Post by wwdia »

Well everything went smoothly. He ended up staying home anyway, not because of pain but because of time! We were there for a couple hours. So far so good!!! We'll see about sleeping with it!
Thanks agian for the input!
Diane