Last Pre-Braces Dinner?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jalapeno

#16 Post by jalapeno »

I can't think of anything I used to eat that I can't now with braces. All my meals are the same as before and I still eat choccy bars.

After adjustments is a different story though.

braced4asmile

#17 Post by braced4asmile »

Instead of having a pre-brace meal, I had a pre-brace week of meals! Each day, I picked something I loved and thought I would crave during my time behind bars. Suddenly, I craved everything, even things I didn't like! So I had lots of Doritos, tacos, corn on the cob, whole apples, carrots, etc. Then, I went to the grocery store and stocked up on fun soft food like pudding, ice cream, etc. I figure I'm only going to do this once (cross those fingers!) so I might as well enjoy it and do it up right. It was kind of fun thinking of things to eat and enjoy while you can!

Anxious to be debanded 4/23/08!

Supermax

#18 Post by Supermax »

A giant sized bowl of extra butter popcorn..... oh how I sooooooo miss popcorn...it is in fact the only thing besides caramel toffees that I just haven't managed to eat....and it will be the first thing I eat when I get disbanded!!!

MissDiana

#19 Post by MissDiana »

seriously: ...I can only imagine how caked up it would get on the brackets and how terribly embarrassing it would be at dinner in with other people! I'd look like a ghoul with rotting teeth! :oops:

I am trying to be aware of what I can eat in public and what I can't!
seriously, I know this is going to sound crazy but I am telling you most people won't notice!

I was out to dinner last week with a guy I've only been seeing a few weeks. After we ate I got up to go check my teeth in the bathroom and he actually stopped me and said "BABE, you do know I had braces, right? I swear I will tell you if you need to take care of something, it's not a big deal!"

I mean, yeah, you wouldn't want to walk around with a big glob of something caught on your bracket, but 90% of the time a good swish of water takes care of any problems!
Braces on 4/4/07 -
Braces off 3/31/08!

mindykatz

#20 Post by mindykatz »

For my last pre-braces dinner, I ended up going to the diner (nothing special there - I'm usually there 3-5 times a week..I'm a total diner monkey :BigGrin: ). I got mozzarella sticks and a rueben with fries. So I guess I didn't do anything special, but I enjoyed it anyway :D . I haven't gotten the nerve up yet to try mozzarella sticks with the braces...something about hot stringy cheese getting all wrapped up in my brackets and wires...no thanks! Maybe I'll get a little braver in a few weeks :wink:

And I will totally miss corn on the cob. I made some the other night on the grill and cut the kernals off of one so I could eat it. It just wasn't the same :-((

dubnobass

#21 Post by dubnobass »

Treacle toffee, and peanut brittle. Maybe a toffee apple to sneak one of your 5-a-day in there. You may be able to eat practically all other foods with braces, but not these!

I dunno, maybe you never eat them anyway :D , but I would love to be able to eat a big craggy lump of treacle toffee at the moment :(

mindykatz

#22 Post by mindykatz »

hehe well I've never really seen "treacle toffee" over here in the US. The term "Treacle toffee" is one of those things we hear on movies that are based in the UK but we never actually eat, hahaha. Toffee apples I think I've seen maayybbee once....we usually just have caramel apples and candy apples.

What is treacle toffee anyway? Is it like peanut brittle without the peanuts? Sounds pretty good! Now I'm intrigued.....not that I can eat it until 2009 anyway lol! :huh:

Lil Sunshine

#23 Post by Lil Sunshine »

My last meal was also my husbands birthday supper so we had what he loves, burgers and fries. Mind you this was a huge burger soaked in terriyaki sauce with pineapples on top. MMMM it was really good.