Insurance question

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

crysredd

Insurance question

#1 Post by crysredd »

Does anyone know if insurance companies will cover ortho in mid-treatment? I found out that I am able to get coverage thru my boyfriends company and although I do not know what the coverage is I imagine it is better than my current coverage (HMO vs. PPO). Just wondering if anyone had any experience with switching insurance mid-treatment?
Thanks
:)

Carolinahigh12

#2 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

Most companies do not offer mid-treatment coverage. The amount they cover is only on a pre-treatment basis. The only thing that I know that covers it would be the Health Care reimbursement fund but that has to be set up during annual enrollment. I can only speak for plans that I know of in the US.
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

Thathrill

#3 Post by Thathrill »

Another option is you might want to talk to your ortho's office about this. Sometimes docs are willing to help you out in matters like this. I think it would require the ortho's office to submit the initial paperwork generated at your consult to your insurance company like it is your first time.
Brace date: 5/2/2007
Debanding date: 1/14/2009
Ceramic Braces: 20 months
Currently in clear Essix retainers at night

My Blog: http://jjfan1.blogspot.com

fmjess

#4 Post by fmjess »

OH NO!!!!!!

I am in the same situation (I'm in Canada)... I was so happy today that in a month I would be able to claim on the new benefits, but I might not be able to?!?!? DAMN!!!!

I hope my ortho will adjust the billing..... if not, I am paying for monthly adjustments, which will be dated for each month, maybe they will cover these at least.

POOEY!!!! :x

crysredd

#5 Post by crysredd »

I got in touch the coordinator ortho office. And she said that switching coverage mid-stream not unheard of but of course depends on the coverage. She said that some insurance companies consider this pre-existing since I am already bonded. So when I find out my coverage details I will know for sure. ho-hum :roll: