How many weeks apart are your braces appiontments

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

laurene

#16 Post by laurene »

I just got braced a couple of weeks ago. My next scheduled appointment is 8 weeks later. This seems like a long time to wait after getting braced to see the ortho. Sounds like other people see their ortho more often. Now I'm concerned.

AngelOfLife

#17 Post by AngelOfLife »

6 weeks for me, only had one adjustment so far though :wink:

SnowSara

#18 Post by SnowSara »

laurene - If I remember correctly we're both on the orthoCAD system - My appointments are also 8 weeks apart. Although that could be typical for any braces, supposedly with orthoCAD we don't need to see the ortho as often as he won't need to make as many adjustments in our treatment. I've been in braces for over 4 months, but have only had 2 adjustments so far and have had lots of movement!

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.

WiredforSound

#19 Post by WiredforSound »

6 weeks in between adjustments.
[/url]

Miss Smiley

#20 Post by Miss Smiley »

Ortho asks to see me every 3 weeks. But since we have a holiday coming up, I won't see him for 4 weeks I think.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

bracedat34

#21 Post by bracedat34 »

I had my braces put on a week ago (6/6/07), and my 1st adjustment is scheduled for 3 weeks from that date (6/27/07)

Thathrill

#22 Post by Thathrill »

I was told that adjustments would come every 8-10 weeks for me.

However, I go for my first adjustment next week since I will be out of town during the 8th week and he is out of the office during my 9th week due to the 4th of july holiday. I also felt that waiting 10 weeks is too close to my cruise to get an adjustment. Don't want to be thousands miles away on open water on a boat and have a bracket pop off lol
Brace date: 5/2/2007
Debanding date: 1/14/2009
Ceramic Braces: 20 months
Currently in clear Essix retainers at night

My Blog: http://jjfan1.blogspot.com

laurene

#23 Post by laurene »

You're right SnowSara. I went to the OrthoCad website and it does say that because of the precise placement of the brackets, the patient requires less office visits. I have been in my braces (tops only at this point) for exactly 2 weeks now, and I can't tell whether there has been any movement. I did take pictures before I got my braces and even comparing those pics with my teeth now, I don't think there has been any kind of movement. How much did your teeth move in the first month Sara? Was it really noticeable?

I get my bottom braces on in a few months, or when my top teeth has moved enough for the lower braces. In the meantime, I am wearing an Essix retainer to keep my lower teeth where they were when the mould was taken for OrthoCad. I find the retainer bothers me more than my braces! I don't know why. It's weird.

acehigh

#24 Post by acehigh »

I believe the time between having the braces put on and my first adjustment was 10 weeks. Now I go in every 8 weeks.

OneTime

#25 Post by OneTime »

I was at 6 weeks apart but time is shortening up. Now I'm starting 4 weeks.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

Dimples

#26 Post by Dimples »

laurene I've had my braces in for 6 days, and i don't see any difference either. I know it's too soon, but I was hoping for a little movement in the beginning. My front teeth are a little tender, but I can chew just fine.
I'm impatient about this. :)

My next appt. is in 6 weeks...now it's 5 weeks.

SnowSara

#27 Post by SnowSara »

How much did your teeth move in the first month Sara? Was it really noticeable?
I'd say during that first month it was more noticeable when I flossed, my spaces were starting to come together and some teeth were starting to turn, but no, it wasn't all that visibly noticeable like it is now. They felt different, but didn't look different, know what I mean?
See this thread for the 4 mo comparison pic:viewtopic.php?t=18172

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.

braves123

#28 Post by braves123 »

16 weeks before my upper adjustment.