Lettuce

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KateG

#16 Post by KateG »

I've always eaten a lot of salad and couldn't survive a year or more without. Rocket works very well, and watercress. Though I do pull off some of the very long stalks as they get caught behind the wires. But I can't find a satisfactory way of eating cucumber: it looks as though it ought to be quite easy to bite into, like melon, but it's very tough.

And am I the only one who finds everything very bland? I add an awful lot of seasoning and salt. At this rate I'll end up with nice straight teeth but massive high blood pressure. :yikes:

Pixel Witch

#17 Post by Pixel Witch »

Rice is my biggest PITA so far - if I eat sushi, I'm fine and the rice from that doesn't get stuck but any other rice and I am picking it out from between every single bracket.

lionfish

#18 Post by lionfish »

And am I the only one who finds everything very bland? I add an awful lot of seasoning and salt. At this rate I'll end up with nice straight teeth but massive high blood pressure. :yikes:
I'd cut out the salt, really I would. Try adding herbs and spices instead. Your food will still taste pretty good.

I eat lots of salad greens and veggies, can't live without them.

tomjscott

#19 Post by tomjscott »

Lettuce doesn't get caught in my braces, but I certainly have difficulty eating it with braces. So I order foods without it now and don't have salads anymore, which I used to love. Rice is not a problem for me at all. It's one of the easiest things for me to east and clean for.

lilc290

#20 Post by lilc290 »

I haven't attempted to eat a salad yet (only been braces for a little over a week). It sucks cause I LOVE salad and it was helping me lose the 16lbs I wanted to before my wedding.

I think I'll attempt to eat my first salad at home so I can brush up afterwards! :lol:

Pepper

#21 Post by Pepper »

It's a pain to eat lettuce and bread, though I still do.

acehigh

#22 Post by acehigh »

Spaghetti hangs on the brackets like tinsel on the Christmas Tree.....lol.

ABraces2007

#23 Post by ABraces2007 »

Yeah, lettuce does go arround my braces too!!!!! lol
But i absolutely love salads and lettuce and broccoli, no matter how long i have to brush it off, i actually basicly eat meat and salads- that`s my food and i absolutely adore it!!!
Well there is one thing which is much worse then lettuce in matter of stucking in braces .... If you know something about mediterranean coisine, we use canned tuna fish for salads, well this tuna fish chips into very small and soft pieces in your mouth and gets stuck between braces, archwire, molar bands , etc... and its almost impossible to clean it off, cause it kind of glues with your saliva to the teeth and the only way to take it off is swishing million times with water.. it really seems like million times cause no matter how many times you swish it, it still comes off with those tiny tiny pieces...

skintz

#24 Post by skintz »

Urgh, tuna-i loved it before braces but now its another 'lettuce problem'. It gets so stuck and you can taste it for hours afer eating it....nope, i'll be missing out on tuna for 2 years, thats for sure....

mindykatz

#25 Post by mindykatz »

OMG - I ate chicken tortilla soup and a salad for lunch today, so I had lettuce AND shreds of chicken and tomato skins in my braces...when I got back to work and went to get my kit to clean my teeth I realized I'd FORGOTTEN IT!! :yikes:

Needless to say, a toothpick and I had a very long and important meeting in the bathroom after that. :? lol!

Thathrill

#26 Post by Thathrill »

I still have as much salads as before. Altho I just make sure to have water handy to swish while eating. It usually takes care of 80-90%. There is always that one stray piece of lettuce that wants to stay with you lol
Brace date: 5/2/2007
Debanding date: 1/14/2009
Ceramic Braces: 20 months
Currently in clear Essix retainers at night

My Blog: http://jjfan1.blogspot.com

ChooChooo

#27 Post by ChooChooo »

yah, noodles are very annoying!!

Pixel Witch

#28 Post by Pixel Witch »

Pepper you just reminded me of an old favourite I've not eaten for a while ... vegemite and lettuce sandwich ...
:shock:
I can't even imagine how that would taste, and my first reaction was YUCK, but now I am determined to try it. (I love vegemite by the way, and have a friend send me some every 3 months like clockwork!)

What kind of lettuce? :D

lionfish

#29 Post by lionfish »

Meryaten wrote:Vegemite? Pah! Marmite!
Agreed. It was a wonderful day when one could finally buy the real thing in Oz.

bracieb

#30 Post by bracieb »

Well, yes, brackets are bad for getting food caught, but try wires on the top and bottom of the inside of your mouth and NOW lettuce is a challenge! I still eat it daily but I have to have water for swishing, and it gets hugely stuck in the top wire on the roof of my mouth.

Come to think of it, pretty much everything gets stuck in those wires, and I have to eat small chunks of things as the wire inhibits movement inside my mouth- larger things get hung up on that annoying top wire and get wedged in the top half of my mouth and I can't unwedge them! Talk about socially awkward...

You manage.

:lol: