I think I see some progress!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bracieb

I think I see some progress!

#1 Post by bracieb »

I see by my ticker that it has been 2 months since I got my upper archwire installed. I was feeling rather sorry to think I had had no visible progress since. I can tell when I floss that my teeth are moving, as the flossing is easier in some places and harder in others. I also have only 3 teeth with ligs on for now- the front teeth have to move before the bottom brackets can go on. I can hardly expect dramatic progress.

My tooth next to my front incisors sticks out the most, and at first when the brackets went on it made my mouth look crooked when closed (yeah, baby, lookin' good). One side was noticeably higher than the other, like ~.

Well imagine how pleased I was to notice this week that my mouth at rest is now even and straight. Ha! Progress! SOMETHING must be moving in the right direction! I believe I am the turtle, not the hare, but I'll get there!

:D

bracieb

#2 Post by bracieb »

Thanks! I have been taking pictures and after my last (1st) adjustment I looked but couldn't see any changes. I was not all that surprised, as I have only 3 teeth actively being worked on, but all the same!

I did note that you have to take the pics of the inside view from exactly the same angle- almost impossible to do yourself, so I can't see if things have moved from that view.

My two girls with the powerchains comment on how much their teeth have moved- the gaps closed right up in 2 weeks it seemed. I must remind myself that they are kids, too, and their teeth move faster.

Ah well, we'll all look good in the end, eh?