What are you looking forward to the most?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Pepper

#1 Post by Pepper »

I'm mostly just excited to have really nice teeth and a better, more confident smile. I'm eager to see what my teeth will be like in the end. I'm just so curious!

jaynage

#2 Post by jaynage »

The thing I am looking forward to most, is getting engaged and getting married with a beautiful smile!
My partner and I have been discussing our future, but I've set down the law - nothing happens until I get these darn things off my teeth! Not long to wait though - my ortho reckons it will be September!! Yay!

minlou01

#3 Post by minlou01 »

Smiling without thinking about it at all! :D

3/10/07 Upper Wisdom Teeth Extracted
3/24/07 Lower Wisdom Teeth Extracted-Major Complications (Fractured Jaw & Dry Sockets) Postponed B-Day by 2 Months
6/4/07 Upper Arch Braced
7/2/07 Lower ArchBraced
5/29/10 Debraced!!!!

AngelOfLife

#4 Post by AngelOfLife »

A nice, straight smile. I'll feel more confident about myself when I have a straight smile and the braces are off, because I've always felt really embarrassed about the state of my teeth.

Amburly

#5 Post by Amburly »

I'm looking forward to biting into a piece of food and seeing the nice rounded teeth marks. I have never had a round, full arch and have always been embarrassed by my narrow, almost V shaped smile.

Oh and coming in second, I am looking forward to not waking up to find my brackets glued to the side of my cheek.

Carolinahigh12

#6 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

My main goal is not really a perfect smile, but to gain a somewhat good bite. I have a crossbite and spacing on my lower arch. I have never been ashamed of my smile in the past and I dont think that braces will boost my self esteem, because once again I never really had that issue. I am a terrible grinder and also am experiencing an onset of TMJ. I wanted to nip that in the bud before it got any worse.

At this stage that I am in, I am just ready to get going and start my 2 yr treatment. :)
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

dizzledee

#7 Post by dizzledee »

I'm mostly looking forward to actually smiling in pictures. I'm a photographer and one of the reasons for that is so that I'm always the one designated to take pictures at family events and I don't have to actually be IN them. LOL.

So yeah, that'll be nice.

Braces on 6/18/2007

Miss Smiley

#8 Post by Miss Smiley »

I'm looking forward to having a nice smile without being asked if I'd like a carrot.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

mindykatz

#9 Post by mindykatz »

Well, being as these braces were an engagement gift from my parents, the thing I'm most looking forward to is being able to smile big and bright during my wedding, and not worrying about how my teeth will look in the most important pictures I'll (probably) ever have taken of me! :-9

Tin Indian

#10 Post by Tin Indian »

:-+ :-+ :-+ I will be looking forward to what I have been yearning to do ever since being braced and that is whisteling because ever since being braced I can not do it!
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

Genie

#11 Post by Genie »

Beautiful smile with straight, white teeth on my wedding photos 2 years later :D

Tin Indian

#12 Post by Tin Indian »

I think I would like to look forward to NOT having headaches anymore and to HAVE a killer smile!
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

19Braceface

#13 Post by 19Braceface »

hearing "you have a beautiful/nice smile" and actually believe it.

dubnobass

#14 Post by dubnobass »

At this point I am pretty much just looking forward to being able to eat normally again - oh, to be able to bite into a crusty bread roll!! Toffee! Crisps!

I am also looking foward to getting rid of the 'dimples' in my chin which have developed in the course of treatment, because I now have a huge overjet and really have to strain my lower lip to cover my teeth. This is what gives me the chin dimples. Once the jaw surgery is complete, these should reduce or disappear completely.

Aesthetically, I actually haven't actually given it much thoughtl. I suppose it will look better than the starting point, but I've never really liked my teeth and have never wanted to draw attention to my mouth. This is bound to change with straightened teeth but I'll be breaking the habit of a lifetime to actively want people to see my teeth. I think for me it's likely to be an unexpected benefit, not something I'm actively looking forward to.

That probably sounds very odd - why go through all this if you didn't want to have nice teeth? But my desire to be able to eat normally again is quite enough to see me through!!

Chiwawamom

#15 Post by Chiwawamom »

Looking foward to saying goodbye to my DEEP bite and spaces. Mostly smiling with an open mouth in photos. Sadley all my wedding photos I'm smiling with my mouth shut. I have big spaces in between my canines and the 4 front teeth giving a rodent or horse look to them. Im very excited to see them all together. My husband and I are planning to have our first child soon..."pregancy and braces" yet another topic....and I want our family photos to be full of smiles "not closed mouths" like my wedding photos. :(