Toothbrushes made for braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braves123

Toothbrushes made for braces

#1 Post by braves123 »

Where do You get the braces that are v-shaped,made for braces? I am using a regular toothbrush and ruining the bristles. How often does everyone change their toothbrush if they are using a regular one? I also have an oral b one I use at night.

Miss Smiley

#2 Post by Miss Smiley »

You can ask your ortho or dental office if you can order them in bulk since they usually have companies they order bulk quantities. I ask my dental office and it was only $12 USD for 12 oral-b ortho cut travel brushes. I keep one in my purse, my bf's house, my work, my car, I keep em everywhere!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

lionfish

Re: Toothbrushes made for braces

#3 Post by lionfish »

Where do You get the braces that are v-shaped,made for braces? I am using a regular toothbrush and ruining the bristles. How often does everyone change their toothbrush if they are using a regular one? I also have an oral b one I use at night.
I use a child's toothbrush which I buy at my local supermarket; it's not that dissimilar to an orthodontic toothbrush and it costs a lot less. I change it every three months.

johnnya

#4 Post by johnnya »

I change mine every two weeks or so.. It doesn't do the job when worn off.

Betty Bat

#5 Post by Betty Bat »

I got my ortho-cut brushes (and a bunch of proxy brushes and some floss with pointed ends) from my regular dentist when I went in for a cleaning.

bracedforit

#6 Post by bracedforit »

my ortho gives out these brushes for free; as well as floss, disclosing tablets, wax and even mouthguards. i guess it all depends on what ortho you have and how much you pay

Qtgirl

#7 Post by Qtgirl »

I got mine from the link KK provided 8) Also I usually buy the soft bristled toothbrushes in the store..mostly the no name brands--they do the job just as good. I replace them every 3 months. There are even some on the market that have color codes to show when its time to replace it-AmericanFare has some nice ones.