I just got Braced

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

New to braces 45

I just got Braced

#1 Post by New to braces 45 »

well me and my son went in this morning to get our braces and appliances on. My son Matt went first and he got his expander in and he only got 4 brackets on his top teeth he is getting the rest when his expander gets out. Then it was my turn first he put only put the brackets on then the bands on my top 4 teeth same with my son aand then he gave me my combination headgear he put it in right away he said I have to leave it in for the 1 week, but I can take it out only to eat. I have a lot of hardware in my mouth right now it feels so crowded and it hurst :cry: Thakns for all your support now were both metal mouths :tingrin: :tingrin:

sashafeelgood

#2 Post by sashafeelgood »

Cheers to you and your son. Welcome aboard :D

MariaMetalMouth

#3 Post by MariaMetalMouth »

Good luck to your son :)
Braced: 29th March 2006
Estimated time 18 months!

Armatha

I too got braced!

#4 Post by Armatha »

I have been lurking for over a month. I got braced (top) the end of May, and braced (bottom) 2 days ago. It's been an interesting month!
I'm 39 and this is my second go round with braces. I didn't wear my retainer - and here I go. I've gotten great information from this site, and hope to make some new friends.
Thanx,
Armatha

metaljen

#5 Post by metaljen »

New-I think it's very cool that you and your son are wearing braces together! How long will you both be wearing them?

New to braces 45

#6 Post by New to braces 45 »

My son has to wear them for 2 years. I have to wear them for 3 years.

insanemommy03

#7 Post by insanemommy03 »

Welcome!!! and I hope everything goes well for the both of you!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carolinahigh12

#8 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

congrats on the b-day. I hope your journey goes well and that you keep us updated on your progress :-)o :dance:
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

EDWARD

New to braces at 45

#9 Post by EDWARD »

Congrats on your new start. I know what youre goiing through with headgear treatment. Iam a 40 + yrs of age and been in Braces for
about 13 months. I have wires on top and a headgear wich i wear for
14 hrs a day. you will get use to it. I promise Good luck

kirjax

#10 Post by kirjax »

good luck to you and your son!

Sentenced: 20-24 months
Braced May 11, 2007
Debraced Feb. 23, 2009
21 months in braces, 17 months in elastic, NO regrets!! Now in Hawley retainers!!

wwdia

#11 Post by wwdia »

Congrats 45!!
My son and I will be braced together as well! My braces go on tuesday and he gets a lower lingual arch. He already has the head gear. We should both be in them for about 20 months!!!
Best of luck
Diane