Has anyone ever?????

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

wwdia

Has anyone ever?????

#1 Post by wwdia »

Just got back from the ortho and I was a little bothered by the fact that they only braced the right side of my top arch :? I had an extraction 2 weeks ago and now he wants to just close the gap and then brace the top and lower archs. For now I am sporting pink ligs and a beautiful rubber band. I'm thinking that after the rest are done my midline will be off!!!
Anyway, my questions are...
Has anyone else had the same type of plan?
Does anyone have pics of after the braces with a not so straight/perfect midline???
Thanks
Diane
[/url]

Kat

#2 Post by Kat »

I wouldn't worry about it, they'll be working on your midline once you're fully braced for awhile as well.

JumpTheDitch

#3 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Yep:

My treatment didn't include bracing different arches or different parts of either arch at differing times though; all braced all at once.

I haven't seen my usual ortho since debanding (only the locum guy) but am told my slightly forward upper central can be brought into line with my retainer. Ideally I'd like my midline to be perfect too but wouldn't sacrifice my bite for it. KK is right, most people won't notice. In fact, everyone keeps telling me how perfect my teeth are! :D

Good luck :thumbsup:

Genie

#4 Post by Genie »

Nice teeth, JumpTheDitch! Perfect smile.
I didn't notice you midline was off, it isn't obvious even after you mentioned it. My midline was a little off too as one side of my arch moves more than the other since braced. However no one notices it except me!

wwdia

#5 Post by wwdia »

Jumptheditch, your teeth are beautiful! Thanks for the words of wisdom everyone
[/url]

JumpTheDitch

#6 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Thanks all for your kind comments.

I have to be honest that my teeth looked pretty straight to start with (overjet/bite and bite related issues) but it is very nice to have them back sans braces :D .

LaaLaa

#7 Post by LaaLaa »

Hi wwdia, just wanted to stop by and add in my experience as far as what I've gotten done since being braced in April. First off let me start out by saying I'm about 3 months into treatment and still am not fully braced on the bottom.

I started out with a partial brace on only the upper 4 front teeth to get me used to the feeling of braces and for aesthetic reasons while I had some extractions done. After I had the necessary extractions of 4 teeth taken care of (2 1st bicuspids on bottom and top), I then had my upper teeth fully braced and a partial brace on the front 6 bottom teeth. After my first adjustment, I had one side of my bottom teeth braced (the front 6 and the back 3 on one side) and at my adjustment just last week, I got the exact opposite of what I had the last time with the other side braced in the same fashion.

So, it's pretty clear I'm not fully braced yet :lol: and still don't know when I will, since I need to make room for a tooth first in order for me to become fully braced on the bottom. As far as my midline, well, my midline was off to begin with so I'm not too worried about it now because I'm sure the Ortho does have that in his/her mind and will be addressed later on during the treatment. Anyway, good luck! :wink: