An Update

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

AtomicSkier

An Update

#1 Post by AtomicSkier »

Haven't been on here much, but this is real news. I get my braces off in 6 days!

My teeth don't look perfect, but thats because its hard to floss for me, but once my braces come off on Monday the 25, I will floss, and everything.

I've come a long way since I had the put on till now. A lot of pain, suffering, not enjoying my favorite foods like Popcorn and sticky gum, whole apples, crunch food, chewy food....gah, the excitement is killing me....!

newmetal

Re: An Update

#2 Post by newmetal »

Congratulations mate.

I bet you're well happy to be getting them off...go and celebrate by getting all the stuff you've starved yourself of and eat away.

Good luck

Newmetal

AtomicSkier

#3 Post by AtomicSkier »

Thanks.

My agenda after I get my braces off is as follows:

Get alot of popcorn, different flavors, brands...

Get apples....

Get all the different types of sticky gum there is and chew it all to make the biggest bubble EVER!

:lol:

LaaLaa

#4 Post by LaaLaa »

Get all the different types of sticky gum there is and chew it all to make the biggest bubble EVER! :lol:
That sure sounds like a lot of fun. Come to think of it, a kid I know was blowing some pretty big bubbles a few weeks ago, but that's besides the point. :lol: Congratulations on getting your de-banding date set!! :-)o Maybe post some of your new smile when you get them off. :wink:

Laurie

#5 Post by Laurie »

:D Awesome!

AtomicSkier

#6 Post by AtomicSkier »

Just 2 more days till my "Go Naked Day"! I'm so excited. Tomorrow I'm going to go to the store, buy alot of popcorn, crunchy stuff, chewy stuff, gum, and anything else that I wasn't able to eat.

So excited to get my retainers! :BigTeethGrin: :BigTeethGrin: :BigTeethGrin:

AtomicSkier

#7 Post by AtomicSkier »

Thanks everyone!

The retainers are the ones you can see with the wire going across the teeth. At first I decided to get the invisilgn type, but my ortho thought the other ones would do best for me because the ones with the wire are easy to adjust while the plastic ones are if broken or bent out of shape are not fixable. They cost more too.

AtomicSkier

#8 Post by AtomicSkier »

They are off, and I'm eating Starburst, chewy gum! The retainers are tough to get used to. I am gagging once in a while with them in...But hopefully they will pass.

AtomicSkier

#9 Post by AtomicSkier »

I have a question, is it normal to gag with the top retainer in? If so, will this go away in a few days-a week?

Samantha19

Re: An Update

#10 Post by Samantha19 »

AtomicSkier wrote:Haven't been on here much, but this is real news. I get my braces off in 6 days!

My teeth don't look perfect, but thats because its hard to floss for me, but once my braces come off on Monday the 25, I will floss, and everything.

I've come a long way since I had the put on till now. A lot of pain, suffering, not enjoying my favorite foods like Popcorn and sticky gum, whole apples, crunch food, chewy food....gah, the excitement is killing me....!
Congrats!

I will hopefully get them off in 2 to 4 months and I cannot wait. There are so many things I want to eat.

Like Ribs.
Samantha

Tooth-Colored Brackets and a white wire for 8 months.

Braces are off! Retainer coming soon