Foods you miss the most...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

oceanblue

#16 Post by oceanblue »

I agree, I miss being able to bite things period! People look at you kind of funny when you use a fork to pick apart a sandwich or eat pizza. I really miss corn on the cob, raw veggies, snickers bars, wings, popcorn, apples, bagels, candy, etc.

Thathrill

#17 Post by Thathrill »

OMG I love wings too and I even managed to eat them. I eat off of the bone when I can otherwise I just pick the meat off the bone. Ironically, I made some last night LOL
Brace date: 5/2/2007
Debanding date: 1/14/2009
Ceramic Braces: 20 months
Currently in clear Essix retainers at night

My Blog: http://jjfan1.blogspot.com

jennandtonic

#18 Post by jennandtonic »

Towards the beginning of my treatment, pizza was just impossible. However, I figured out a way around it. I usually would cut it up into small pieces, made them into 'pizza bites,' avoiding a knife and fork embarrassment. Hahaha. I'm sure it's not all that lovely to see a person wolfing down little bits of pizza, but pizza restaurants are not gourmet restaurants, either. :lol:

The two biggest things for me are chips and sub sandwiches. I have not been able to bite into subs because of how big the bread is. And chips, well, I'm being the good little soldier and not eating them for fear of a broken bracket. But when I'm out of these, I'm going to eat an entire bag. In one sitting. :D

Oh yes, and a chain fast food restaurant that some of you fellow Americans may recognize--Sonic, has these ice cream mixes called blasts where they mix in vanilla ice cream and M&M's, they were my favorite thing on the planet. Can't manage it now, but you can bet I'm going to have one pretty immediately upon getting these off.

peach

#19 Post by peach »

Last night I had a dream that I was chewing gum. :) It was great until I realized (in the dream) that I was wearing braces and the gum was stuck all through them :shock: . I think I've really wanted to chew gum a lot lately because it feels like I'm teething with this combination of braces and expander.

*Denise*

#20 Post by *Denise* »

I eat whatever I want... Only corn on the cob, I don't eat right now. Everything else is fine except for hard candies....I don't chew hard candies.

pinkpatrol

#21 Post by pinkpatrol »

I miss gum. I miss biting into anything! I miss meat, veggies, anything crunchy..............My front 8 are tender! I have only been braced for 3 days. My teeth are crowded and/or turned in a little so that is where the most pressure is going on. I also have my molars built up so my top teeth don't hit the brackets on the bottom on my right side. So I have only 2 points of contact between all my teeth. I can't wait till my bite opens up so they can remove these 2 blobs of blue cement!! Then I could actually chew things!! Chocolate protein shakes or chocolate Slimfast are my meals of choice at the moment!!! Pudding, jello, birthday cake.......mmmmm. Birthday cake is almost gone though=(

momymom

#22 Post by momymom »

I miss Swedish Fish... :(

Dovechild20

#23 Post by Dovechild20 »

I miss:

apples
popcorn
almonds
carrots
hard chips

and most of ALLLLL i miss eating my precious SNICKERS BARS!!! ARGH!

but eh, only 21 more months to go :lol:

Jennine

#24 Post by Jennine »

Right after an adjustment I do have problems with wings, but it doesnt really stop me, I just use the molars or pick it off with my fingers

One thing though, and I posted this elsewhere,

beware of angel hair pasta!

Its not a biting issue but a chewing and swallowing issue. The little strands get stuck in the braces and then when you swallow, half the strand is being swallowed and the other half is stuck in the braces so you choke to death trying to get it to go one way or the other.

Sorry gross yes :P

idolfan4

#25 Post by idolfan4 »

To Lisa65:

Congratulations on looking foward to naked teeth. I would love to see some pictures. Also tell me the first thing you ate the day you get your braces off. I wish you the best of luck & have fun!

Braces Came On: August 2nd, 2005 :cry:
Braces Came OFF: April 19th, 2007 :-)o

csblackburn

#26 Post by csblackburn »

I miss sunflower seeds and beef jerky the most. I tried eating sunflower seeds with the brackets but it's almost impossible for me to enjoy them. Has anybody else found it hard to eat sunflower seeds with braces?
Got braces? http://www.igotbraces.com
The orthodontic and orthognathic surgery support forum for everyone.

idolfan4

#27 Post by idolfan4 »

I never found it hard to eat burgers, but afterwards, there would be remains caught in my braces. Don't you guys just hate that? Anyway, I never ate beef jerky with my braces. It was too worried that it would pull my braces out. Braces suck, don't they? :roll:

idolfan4

#28 Post by idolfan4 »

I never found it hard to eat burgers, but afterwards, there would be remains caught in my braces. Don't you guys just hate that? Anyway, I never ate beef jerky with my braces. I was too worried that it would pull my braces out. Braces suck, don't they? :roll: