Metal Taste!!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

RahRahLuv

Metal Taste!!!!

#1 Post by RahRahLuv »

Well I have adjusted well with two weeks today of having braces! I absolutely LOVE them! Especially when I think of what they are doing again :)
Well here is my question, I notice a metal taste when I run my tongue over the front of my braces (bad habit of mine) but my brackets in the back have no metallic taste. Am I nuts? (some would take that bet...)
Just would like everyone’s thoughts!!

Laurie

#2 Post by Laurie »

I haven't noticed a metal taste.

RahRahLuv

[color=red]DOH!!!!![/color]

#3 Post by RahRahLuv »

Thank you so much (as usual) I am sneaking at work so I didnt use my thinking cap 1st :wink:

momymom

#4 Post by momymom »

I have had my braces for 6 months. That happens to me periodically. The first time I freaked out and made an emergency appointment with my dentist...sure that I had a broken filling or a crown issue. The dentist checked everything and nothing was amiss. He said that when your teeth are moving sometimes you get weird tastes. Hope this helps :D