another adjustment- ouch!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bracieb

another adjustment- ouch!

#1 Post by bracieb »

Sigh. At least I know they're moving! Went to the ortho for another adjustment yesterday- he said he was going to "juice it up" and he sure did. Boy do those teeth hurt today! He put some more oomph into my lower appliance (it is for turing my twisted molar and expanding my arch) and those teeth hurt! He did more to my top teeth too- it might even be a heavier wire.

Ouch! Brushing- ouch! Eating-ouch! Everything- ouch!

Just whining. Didn't I say I was thinking things weren't moving very fast? :shock:

I wonder how much movement I'll see by next adjustment!?

Yes- I am taking advil and still chewing!

bracieb

#2 Post by bracieb »

Yeah, progress is good!

I am better today, although biting into things is still rather painful. It was a good thing I ate my sandwich without company today- not a pretty sight trying to wedge it around to bite with my molars and ending up tearing it- not pretty at all.

But better proress than pretty, right? :D

Thanks for the encouragement!
Tomorrow all my kids get their adjustments, so it maybe a soft dinner tomorrow! Two of the 3 get some big changes- they have longer appointments booked.

Genie

#3 Post by Genie »

Hi! Great that you are biting into sandwiches. I'm 25 days into treatment and I can't bite into anything with my front teeth even now. They felt weak and they ache if I bite down, even on soft food like sandwiches. So I've still got to cut my food and chew them!
19th May 2007- Two right premolars extracted
26th May 2007- Two left premolars extracted and spacers in
2nd June 2007- Upper arch braced
5th July 2007- Lower arch braced
I have all metal conventional brackets
Looking forward to straight teeth and nice smile

lelerz

#4 Post by lelerz »

:lol: "juice it up" ! That's too funny.. but ouch. Just remind yourself, no pain.. no gain!

I actually like feeling the tenderness [sometimes] because to me, it's like HEY IT'S WORKING!!!!!!