Darn Teeth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Samantha19

Darn Teeth

#1 Post by Samantha19 »

Hi everyone,

I know it's been forever since I have been around. College kept me really busy and now I have a summer job and that keeps me busy as well.

Well, here is the update on my teeth- 6 months has past and I just went to my orthodontists appointment. Apparently getting them off in 6 months will not happen. Now it is looking like it will be 8 months to 10 months total (another 2 to 4 months).

Apparently the movement of my teeth has slowed down and it really stinks. Not that I mind them. I have had them 6 months and I am pretty used to them now.

But I was so looking forward to getting them off. Oh well, I guess I can make it another 2 to 4 months.
Samantha

Tooth-Colored Brackets and a white wire for 8 months.

Braces are off! Retainer coming soon

Miss Smiley

#2 Post by Miss Smiley »

OH puhleese, less than a year!! You're so lucky, I'm supposed to be 24-30 months but it might be 36 months.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

Samantha19

#3 Post by Samantha19 »

Miss Smiley wrote:OH puhleese, less than a year!! You're so lucky, I'm supposed to be 24-30 months but it might be 36 months.
I guess I am lucky. I only need them on my top teeth anyway (overbite) and it's not like they are the metal ones either.
Samantha

newmetal

#4 Post by newmetal »

Ahh i did'nt know movement could slow down, i thought it stayed at the same pace throughout. This is probably why ive seen less movement over the last two adjustments then. Is there a reason for movement slowing down?

Newmetal

Samantha19

#5 Post by Samantha19 »

newmetal wrote:Ahh i did'nt know movement could slow down, i thought it stayed at the same pace throughout. This is probably why ive seen less movement over the last two adjustments then. Is there a reason for movement slowing down?

Newmetal
My Ortho isn't sure. He thinks the pressure from the archwire may have not been enough but he really isn't sure. He adjusted it last appointment (yesterday) and he is going to see in a month if there is a change in my teeth's movement
Samantha

Samantha19

#6 Post by Samantha19 »

KK wrote:Great to hear from you again Samantha! :thumbsup:
Thank you Karen. I had to concentrate on school and didn't have time to get on the internet. I am, however alive and well.
KK wrote:Still not too long to go ... but I surely know what you mean about movement slowing down. Often this seems to come in the later stages ... and it can take forever ... but there's always some progress ... just gotta look a lot harder for it! :dance:
Yeah, I am finding t his out myself. Though it is kind of disapointing, since I am really looking forward to getting them off.

[quote'KK"]Here's to you going naked soon! :banana:[/quote]

Soon, not soon enough :)
Samantha

Laurie

#7 Post by Laurie »

It's always dissapointing to think you're getting them off only to have extra time added on. Hang in there!

Samantha19

#8 Post by Samantha19 »

Laurie wrote:It's always dissapointing to think you're getting them off only to have extra time added on. Hang in there!
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I guess I have it lucky compared to others so I shouldn't complain.
Samantha

Samantha19

#9 Post by Samantha19 »

Samantha ... when quoting ... remove all info except the word quote from between the [ ]
... then the quote will appear as it should in your reply. :banana:
The funny thing is the way it was being quoted was the way the forum software was doing it. I dont know why it was doing it wrong. I will just fix what the forum puts in front from now on.
Samantha

Samantha19

#10 Post by Samantha19 »

A while back the board was spammed and then we've had problems with the codes ... but only for 'quote' ... not sure why ... but Lynn hasn't been able to get it fixed.

So if you want to use 'quote' on this board, you have to either do it manually ... copy and paste, or use quote, then remove the additional information.
That explains it then.

I think I am getting the hang of doing it manually.
Samantha