When did you start to see changes?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PfectPitch

#16 Post by PfectPitch »

I noticed changes after 3-4 weeks. You can really notice it even better through flossing, as places where you may have had trouble getting the floss in are now easy. That was my first clue.

Ready2go43

#17 Post by Ready2go43 »

Hi I noticed toth movement within the 1st week,I was quite impressed
Braced 19/04/07
Damon 3s
Upper & Lower

MissDiana

#18 Post by MissDiana »

I noticed movement within the first week. I know that sounds crazy, but it's true!

That may have had something to do with the fact that I literally studied my teeth every night before I went to sleep, so I may have noticed a bit quicker then someone not out of their mind.
Braces on 4/4/07 -
Braces off 3/31/08!

Jennine

#19 Post by Jennine »

week 7,8,9, 10 they moved so fast it was like magic ( right after my first adjustment -on week 6 )

str8teeth

#20 Post by str8teeth »

I've had my top braces on for a week today! Yay! lol The very second day I noticed that I no longer had any space between my front two teeth at all. Now, I've already noticed that a tooth to the side of my front two teeth has moved...I used to hit that tooth everytime I bit down because it was back too far. However, I never hit it now when biting down. It's a really great feeling to have had that tooth move so quickly. It was one of the things that bothered me the most and that I wanted to have fixed! It's definitely still way out of alignment but just that slight movement has already made a world of difference. :-)

Genie

#21 Post by Genie »

This is funny. Few weeks ago, the right side of my arch hurts and it moves the most over the weeks after my upper braces was first put on. Both sides move but its the right that responded the most.

NOW, its the left side that aches! Right side feels ok. My left front tooth (the very front one) was slanted and tilted out. Now it has started to ache quite a lot! perhaps it's starting to move more!

peach

#22 Post by peach »

Well I'm officially on week 4 today. There haven't been any spectacular movement but I noticed that my one turned in tooth is slowly starting to turn outward. :) Hopefully my expanders will help get some more movement started.

marcusjb

#23 Post by marcusjb »

Week 1 to 2 I noticed movement.

Suddenly my front 2 teeth (which were aligned) were slightly out of alignment (I run my tongue over the back of them and I noticed there is a small difference).

I am sure the other will catch up again soon!

Also (I am only 4 weeks in at the moment) I have gaps where I never had them before - there was one particualr place where I have NEVER been able to get a TePe brush into - now I can - and it's a pretty big gap already.

I am surprised how much things have moved already - pretty dramatic.

Whitters

#24 Post by Whitters »

I noticed a major change 5 weeks after I had my braces on... Pictures has REALLY helped me notice the difference!

Thathrill

#25 Post by Thathrill »

Its about 2 months and I heardly notice much. I do keep a record with pics. Everyone else tell me they see the changes all the time. My friend told me its because I see myself in the mirror all the time. Makes sense since I practically live in front of mirrors cleaning LOL. I have noticed small changes probably 3-4 weeks. People have said they have seen changes only after a week.
Brace date: 5/2/2007
Debanding date: 1/14/2009
Ceramic Braces: 20 months
Currently in clear Essix retainers at night

My Blog: http://jjfan1.blogspot.com

Dimples

#26 Post by Dimples »

I noticed a medium change(not minor and not major,LOL) within 3-4 weeks. I have one tooth in my upper arch that was completely out of line with the rest of my teeth. That tooth has moved downward and backwards some.