Keep changing my adjustments from 6 weeks to 5

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

newmetal

Keep changing my adjustments from 6 weeks to 5

#1 Post by newmetal »

Im a student and having to earn money over the summer to pay for my braces and accomadation for next year. Im temping, which means week by week i could be called up to do a job. It is because of this i keep having to change my adjustment appointments, bringing them forward by a week (5 weeks). I have done this two times now and ive just had news that im working on the 9th of June (When my next adj was) and ive had to re-book it for this Monday (2nd of June)...a week earlier again. Im just wondering what the effects this will have? Will it stunt my progress in someway? Bit worried about having to keep doing this, but i need the work and the money.

Many Thanks

Newmetal

newmetal

#2 Post by newmetal »

KK wrote:Newmetal it shouldn't make any difference, as your ortho will do what's needed ... same as s/he would do at six weekly appointments.

The time between my appointments varies depending on what my ortho is aiming for my teeth to achieve, so it might affect appointments like this, that's assuming the work is completed during the final week before my adjustments. Mine have been as far apart as 15 weeks and as close as four! But if yours are set at a 'number of weeks' regardless of progress, then don't be concerned.

Of course the best answer to this question is the one your ortho would give you! :banana:
Ahh thanks for the reasurance on this. I suppose my teeth cannot achieve so much more in one week so i should'nt worry too much. Thanks again Kiwi.

Newmetal

macca

#3 Post by macca »

My ortho lives and works in Germany, and then travels over once a month (from Thurs-Sat) to see the people (& myself !) at the practice I go to. Unfortunately, it's not the same time every month so my appointments can be anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks apart. I've brought this up with him in the past and he's assured me that it won't make any difference.

Hope this helps with any concerns!