Slow movement with Elastics???

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braced kiwi girl

Slow movement with Elastics???

#1 Post by braced kiwi girl »

Hello all,

Well I finally got elastics on my 4th adjustment and i have found that there isnt a lot of movement with these. After all my other adjustments i have seen a big difference in a matter of days.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with elastics?
:D

[/url]

acehigh

#2 Post by acehigh »

You will notice the difference in your bite. I also wear elastics for an overjet/overbite and have been wearing them for over 2 months. And yes, there is a difference . The space between my upper and lower jaw has decreased. I felt there was something different one day realizing that my top and bottom molars are touching when I chew. 8) I still have a ways to go yet though. :?

acehigh

#3 Post by acehigh »

Braced Kiwi Girl.....I just noticed that you are exactly one week ahead of me in treatment. :lol:

braced kiwi girl

#4 Post by braced kiwi girl »

Thanks for the support guys, I think its all a matter of patients! ill let you know how i go.

[/url]

braced kiwi girl

#5 Post by braced kiwi girl »

Ohhh true look at that, do you have any progress pics? I havent put any up yet, i know i should, i might do that soon.

[/url]

Kat

#6 Post by Kat »

Really, I liked my elastics. They do wonders and sometimes it does take time but I see a real big difference sinse wearing them.

braced kiwi girl

#7 Post by braced kiwi girl »

should i twist them to make them tighter?

[/url]

acehigh

#8 Post by acehigh »

I wouldn't be trying to make them any tighter unless your ortho instructs you to do so. I've been told to double mine up at night. I really don't think it's a good idea to decide this........you just might end up getting your teeth out of whack! :shock:

Oh yeah, you're still a week ahead of me in treatment :)

Meloho

#9 Post by Meloho »

I've been told to double mine up at night. I really don't think it's a good idea to decide this........you just might end up getting your teeth out of whack! :shock:
My ortho told me the same thing but I don't like the idea either. I know he wants my molars to get together quickly, but it's not good to do it too quickly either. Plus, it REALLY hurt when he demonstrated...I took them out almost as soon as I was out of the chair! :twisted:

And I see you're in Manitoba, acehigh! I am too! Can I ask where? I'm in Letellier, an hour south of Winnipeg.

braced kiwi girl

#10 Post by braced kiwi girl »

thanks guys, the only reason i ask is that when my ortho was putting them on me, he twisted them and said if i wanted to make them tighter i could by doing this.......

[/url]

acehigh

#11 Post by acehigh »

Hello Meloho! I live in Winnipeg, so we sure are close on the map. I'm a 44 year old female, and have lived here all my life. Can you believe the weather we're having??? :shock: Tornadoes everywhere it seems!

prettybetty3

#12 Post by prettybetty3 »

I have had my elastics for only a month now on both sides 24/7...but i developed a gap only on one side! is this normal?

strugglebuggy

#13 Post by strugglebuggy »

Kiwi,

I have been wearing elastics from almost day one about 29 months ago and my bite is just now where it should be. Hang in there- it will happen. :)