HEADGEAR don't do's

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

HeadgearJoe

HEADGEAR don't do's

#1 Post by HeadgearJoe »

while wearing headgear laying on our couch , the phone rang , i wanted to get up an answer it , an found that i was stuck to the couch by my headgear's facebow being HOOKED to the darn thing, an yes my wife laughed after getting the phone, dahave a great y YA'LL , (headgearjoe)
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

iBorg

#2 Post by iBorg »

Ahhh... the joys I've missed. AND the laughs my wife has missed.

By the way when's you're BIG day?

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

HeadgearJoe

#3 Post by HeadgearJoe »

july 16th at 3pm , could be that day , everything is closed up , no gaps , just a little fine adjustment is all i think
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

acehigh

#4 Post by acehigh »

Glad you un-hooked yourself from the couch......LOL :lol: That was a good one.

HeadgearJoe

#5 Post by HeadgearJoe »

yep can't say i'll miss the darn thing

Oliver19

#6 Post by Oliver19 »

I have a question. When I first talked to my orthodontist, she said I would need to wear a headgear. But I'm almost done with everything and I still haven't worn one. I wonder if that means I wont have to wear it ever.

SDFD TSchott

#7 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Oliver19 wrote:I have a question. When I first talked to my orthodontist, she said I would need to wear a headgear. But I'm almost done with everything and I still haven't worn one. I wonder if that means I wont have to wear it ever.
I Would talk to your ortho to see whats up with that!

~TIm~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

HeadgearJoe

#8 Post by HeadgearJoe »

hay , if my orthodontist hasn't said anything else about headgear i shure as the heck wouldn't ask

iBorg

#9 Post by iBorg »

I almost said the same thing. Maybe he's forgotten it.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Dark_angel

#10 Post by Dark_angel »

Dont try and change your top/jumper with it on, it is possible to get a *little* stuck :(

acehigh

#11 Post by acehigh »

Uh Joe??? Have you gotten caught anywhere else? :huh: lol

starryeyedfairy

#12 Post by starryeyedfairy »

i use to have to wear reverse headgear (the facemask type deal)

so one night i was watching tv w/ my glasses on (i dont usually wear them) and then strapped my headgear on top over it.

i was just dozing off to sleep, when i was nudged awake being alerted that i had fallen asleep w/ my glasses on, underneath my headgear...

so that was a bit annoying, have to wake up, and then re-do the whooole thing.
grr.

funny in retrospect though

HeadgearJoe

#13 Post by HeadgearJoe »

thats up there with my ATM machine storie

HeadgearJoe

#14 Post by HeadgearJoe »

i've also hooked my wife's hair while sleeping , seams i like to snuggle very close when i sleep , you would think after 27 years she would get use to it , HE HE HE