Large gap forming in my front two teeth?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

newmetal

Large gap forming in my front two teeth?

#1 Post by newmetal »

Had my adjustment yesterday and since then a gap has formed between my upper two front teeth? Im curious to know if this has happend to anyone else and if so what is the purpose? Im worried that it should'nt be happening. Ive been braced for ten months now and my two upper front teeth have always been straight and tight, but now ten months into my treatment the ortho seems to have made a gap form?

Can anyone shed any light because im a bit confused.

Newmetal

starryeyedfairy

#2 Post by starryeyedfairy »

perhaps the gap was made to make suitable room for the other teeth behind it, so that theres no crowding.

i always had a gap between my two front teeth, and then during the beginning of the braces process the gap widened, but that was due to an appliance i had to wear.

eventually the dentist, put a powerchain there, and the gap closed up rather nicely.

hope that helps?
maybe you'll get a powerchain to

newmetal

#3 Post by newmetal »

perhaps the gap was made to make suitable room for the other teeth behind it, so that theres no crowding.

i always had a gap between my two front teeth, and then during the beginning of the braces process the gap widened, but that was due to an appliance i had to wear.

eventually the dentist, put a powerchain there, and the gap closed up rather nicely.

hope that helps?
maybe you'll get a powerchain to
Thanks for the quick response. The problem is im already in a powerchain and have been for the last 6 months, thats what makes it a bit stranger that this gap is forming.

starryeyedfairy

#4 Post by starryeyedfairy »

no problemo.
same thing actually happened to me.
i had a powerchain on for a few months yet the gap still didnt seem to be making any progress...

while getting molds done one day, the mold got stuck in my teeth so while the nurse was yanking it out so painful (tears and drool everywhere) she snapped my powerchain out

and put a new one in, and voila within a month but gap was closed.

maybe a new powerchain is in order to make it a little more snug?

i dont know, just throwing out suggestions. i have absolutely no idea what i'm talking about. thats just what happened to me.

acehigh

#5 Post by acehigh »

I also had a powerchain put across the top arch about 3 weeks ago. I have also noticed a small gap which has gotten slightly worse. Somehow I feel this is normal and is happening for a reason. Eventually I'm sure the ortho will take care of it. Ironically the powerchain was put on to close the wee little gap I already had which was caused after the braces went on. :-*