Turrrtlelove22...is GOING NAKED IN DECEMBER!!!**^^**

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

turrrtlelove22

#31 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Thanks Tin Indian...So far still pain/ache free...yay... :D :D :D
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

turrrtlelove22

#32 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

This monday marked month 2 for me...amazing. I can't believe it's been 2 months. My how time has flown!!! I don't think I could have made it this far without all the help and support of this site.

Things are looking really good, especially my profile. I'm so happy I'm losing the look that made me look like I was pouting all the time. And the top is really evening out. My upper right central and lateral incisors used to hug tightly and now they aren't touching at all!!!

The four in the front on top that were the most flared have moved bunches...and still are...they feel kind of strange right now. Feels like a little pull and tug between the braces and my frenum. Somedays it feels tighter then others.

More exciting news!!! The premolars that are twisted are turning around really well!!! Those steel ligatures get the job done!!! I think I said this before, but can't remember...it's like after the adjustment things are sore and then in the middle things calm down and then like right before the next appt. things shift and get sore again...strange. I just had to wait 4 weeks this time. I can't wait for those rectangular wires, thats when she will start closing space...YAY!!!

I'm kinda in a hurry and have to go soon so I'll just post some pics after my adjustment next week. School is kicking my butt...I need a nap... :D :D :D

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

Jembrace

#33 Post by Jembrace »

Your teeth are making great progress and I LOVE the lig colors! Pink, purple, and red are awesome together! Of course, I'm a Red Hatter, so of course I'd think those colors are good!

I notice you and I got braces at the same time. How cool! I'll have to get around to posting some pics here. I also have some gaps, but mostly just need my bite to align top and bottom.

Yeah, you get all the rest you need. It's been ages since I was in school but I still remember how hard it was!

Jembrace
1st wire change June 2007

~No dream is ever lost if we never cease to try~
Moody Blues

turrrtlelove22

#34 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

I had my second adjustment today and things went well. Fairly un eventfull. I got 16 x 25 wires on top and 16 x 22 on the bottom and am feelin' the tug already. Oh boy. I still have the lacebacks. They just keep getting twisted tighter everytime. The one on the bottom right that the one lady took off and replaced with a powerchain on the wrong teeth, was put back today. They will stay until things are not so flared. So I'm thinking that's another few months or so. My appt. are scheduled 4 weeks apart now.

I got some of the extra glue ground down...that sound...so un-nerving...EEk...

I got a powerchain on my two front teeth, to start closing the gap...YAY!!!...It's got one or two loops in between. It looks really weird to me, tho. I picked teal and turquoise alternating on the bottom and turquoise on top since the powerchain is turquoise. The colors are VERY VERY VIBRANT...I kind of freaked when I saw it. I'll put some pics up later today or tommorrow...

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

turrrtlelove22

#35 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Thanks to all. I'm sooo behind the loop with everyone. Don't know much of what is going on. I hope that all is going well with everyone.

Things are still going well with me though, I'm so happy... :D :D :D The pain didn't really last long at all, took a few advil and knocked it out. Things just feel feel incredibly rigid...like next to zero give whatsoever. I just figured out the other day that the wires are rectangular!!!...LOL...yay...buh-bye space. I've notice my gap had gotten smaller already. My smile is starting to look like it did when I was in grade school. Which is a good thing because it looked much better then.

That little piece of skin called the frenum feels a taut sometimes, like a little tug o' war is going on. Especially in the morning.

The only thing that's getting on my nerves is ANOTHER...yes ANOTHER band came loose the one on the bottom again. So frustrating. I've yet to get it fixed tho.
Last edited by turrrtlelove22 on Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

turrrtlelove22

#36 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Just dropping in...

So today is the 3 month mark!!! I never thought I'd see the day. Time has flown by so quickly I didn't even notice. I don't have any pics to post just yet. Things are pretty much the same since my 2nd adjustment, just a little more even maybe.

I'm happy to report that my gap has gotten much smaller!!! That 3-looped powerchain in the front is doing its work. Next week I go for my 2nd adjustment, can't wait to see what's next. I go for my first cleaning next week too. I read some stuff on here about not getting the wire taken off, so while trying to coordinate my appts. I was told that the dentist I switched to preferred that the wire be off. Good thing I asked as I wasn't going to.

So, other than that all is still well. I'm back to eating almost everything I ate before. I never this day would come, but I have learned to tackle several foods I thought to be off limits. I love my waterpik...LOL...

I'm so glad the colors I choose have toned down a bit. They've gotten darker. They had to grow on me a bit. I do like colors so I might pick some bring spring colors like hot pink and orange or something...

I'm so behind I don't know what everyone is up to...don't have much time to read about everyone's progress...I will when I get caught up on my math homewrk...bleh...numbers...

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

turrrtlelove22

#37 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Hey Denise...I'm chugging through this Algebra. I took a test today. I think I did pretty well on it. things are still going good. I'm so happy... :D :D ...I got my cleaning today at the new dentist I switched to. And needless to say I could not have asked for anyone better. Everyone was so nice. And the facility was nice and clean and bright. Very pleasant... :D

I got my wire taken off and it felt so good to be flossed without that wire in the way.

I do have like 2 more cavities which I knew I did, and I asked the first dentist about this and he said it was all fine, but things just didn't feel right even though he told me they were ok. So in a couple months I have to get those redone...more money...bleh...

I also have to get my wisdom teeth taken out. I really didn't want to but it would be in my best interest to go ahead and do it. So I'm going to see about having it done when I get my frenectomy. They said to make sure and mention it to my orthodontist. The hygeinist couldn't even get to the ones on top to clean because they are so far back. I kind of wanted them out anyways. Sometimes it feels like I have too many teeth if that makes sense...LOL.

But anywho...since my next adjustment is this thursday...it's like I've gotten one and a half this week ...haha. I'm just sticking with the silver right now since I have that now two-looped power chain on top. It looked rather crazy with just that strip of color going across just 2 teeth. I might get some pastel colors on the bottom tho...we'll see. I forgot to edit the pics and put them up...will do this Friday... :D :D :D

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

turrrtlelove22

#38 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Sooooo adjustment three...I think...haha...Since everything had to come off on Monday for a cleaning, just the bottom wire was changed. I got Easter/Spring colors. pink, purple and yellow. Anywho just thought I'd keep it short and sweet...here is a pic...

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

SDFD TSchott

#39 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Glad your happy with your new Dentist, now off to the color choice. I wish I would be able to do something like everyone has been doing meaning several colors for easter, I'm stuck with just one solid color all the way accrossed. Do they make multicolor powerchains :P

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

turrrtlelove22

#40 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Thanks I'm glad I'm happy there too...LOL...OH WOW!!! Thas a good idea!!! Multi-colored powerchains...!!!...that would be neat.

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

Carolinahigh12

#41 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

Lookin Nice TL.... Like the colors for Easter!!!

turrrtlelove22

#42 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Soooooooo...It's been forever since I posted anything on here. Things have been busy and crazy...school, work, family...Enough of that...

I'm just going to do a little updating and TRY :wink: to keep it short...LOL

So I've had about 2 maybe three adjustments since I last posted. I think it was 2 tho...yeah it was...haha... :lol: :lol:

HHHmmm where to start. Ok here goes. GOOD NEWS!!! MY GAP IS ALL BUT GONE!!!...One adjustment ago I got the complete work over, no joke. The lace/tie back wires came out...yay. But then they put wire ties on my two frint teeth to keep them from turning the wrong way and THEN I got powerchains AND rubberbands AND two more hooks added to the bottom arch on the wire to pull my bottom teeth from the wire not the tooth. The rubberbands hooked from there to the top in back. I only had the rubberbands for a month. They were to help my bite and to keep my bottom arch from moving faster than the top so that I did not end up with an under bite.

For the chains I thought that they would leave a loop over my gap but every tooth was connected...talk about pain...that was the worst. So here is a pic from that 4th adjustment...I chose silver and hotpink...

At my 5th Adjustment I chose red and blue for Fouth of July...hehe...I don't really like the red so I don't think that I will be going that route again. I loved the hot pink tho. So at this appt. I was told to hold off on the rubberbands...YAY. The chains didn't hurt I think I was sore for about a day or so and it wasn't even that bad. Just the occasional random sore tooth.

In between all this I got FOUR yes FOUR cavities filled. I knew I had more than my old dentist said I did...geezer. :P And my new dentist couldn't do X rays with the braces for some reason so they took pics I think with this weird little camera thing. One tooth was really decayed down in there. When they drilled that was a pain like no other. I was in tears. But I'm glad it's all done and out of the way. Now I just have to have my wisdom teeth out and the frenectomy...bleh

My next appt. is next Tuesday. I think I'm getting those progress x-rays I've read about on here...The secretary said something about needing me longer than usual so I'm just assuming that's what that is.

Other than that things have been going really good. But there are those days when I'm just soooooo ready for it to be over...It will be 7 months next week!!! My how time has flown!!! It will be over in no time I'm sure. Especially when I will know something around this time next year...so close yet so far away!!!...

So here is a little comparison...
First Day...

And Today...

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

tyrablu

#43 Post by tyrablu »

OMG :D This gives me hope that eventually my gap will close. You have had amazing progress in such a short space of time. :-)o My front gap refuses to come together, :-+ but after seeing your progress I have a little bit of hope.

TB

jennielee81

#44 Post by jennielee81 »

That's nice work your doing in your mouth there! In just 7 months? Some people are likely to be jealous of that gap closing speed!

Your teeth are looking fantastic!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Dark_angel

#45 Post by Dark_angel »

Its amazing how fast your gap has closed :D
Your teeth are really nice and im sure by the time your treatment is over you'll have a beautiful smile