Ceramic bracket question

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Mantis

Ceramic bracket question

#1 Post by Mantis »

For those of you that have ceramic brackets... Did your ortho do all your teeth in ceramic brackets or just the front teeth and use metal for the back brackets?

I only have my top arch braced and have ceramic brackets, my lower arch gets braced at the end of summer/early fall. My ortho only used 6 ceramic brackets and then metal for the remaining 4 brackets. Looking at pictures on here it seems as if everyone that has ceramic brackets has all ceramic brackets. I guess every ortho does things a bit different, are there other people out there with ceramics only in front?

Natalie

#2 Post by Natalie »

yes there are, not me personally as i have full metal but KK for one i believe has what you're talking about.

GinaLime

#3 Post by GinaLime »

I have ceramic uppers, and only my front six teeth actually have ceramic brackets (metal in the back). I don't mind since the back teeth can't be seen. So it's not at all uncommon!
Bimaxillary protrusion, 4 MM of overjet with a small overbite

Miss Smiley

#4 Post by Miss Smiley »

I smile really big all the time, so you can see most of my brackets. You can look at my WWW link and see pictures of how many ceramics I have and how many metals.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

jennielee81

#5 Post by jennielee81 »

I had only my upper front 6 ceramic (Opals). The rest of the top and all of the bottom were metal.

Here's a picture: Image
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Amburly

#6 Post by Amburly »

I too have 6 ceramic ones in the front top and then the rest are metal. I could have had 8 on top but my expander had to have four bands and the front two are where the ceramic ones would be placed.

Dimples

#7 Post by Dimples »

I have 10 ceramic brackets and 1 metal on my upper arch, with 2 metal buccal tubes.

Thathrill

#8 Post by Thathrill »

i have 8 ceramic brackets on the upper and lower. then 2 buccal tubes on each side (upper/lower) after that.
Brace date: 5/2/2007
Debanding date: 1/14/2009
Ceramic Braces: 20 months
Currently in clear Essix retainers at night

My Blog: http://jjfan1.blogspot.com

Sweetie

#9 Post by Sweetie »

Hi
My ortho told me he was going to use ceramic in my 6 front top and metal in the rest, but I ask him if he could do it in my front 8 instead and he agreed without a problem.

Jennine

#10 Post by Jennine »

I have the back / lower with metal and the top and front bottem only ceramic. He wanted all metal but I protested. I guess he compromised.

Samantha19

#11 Post by Samantha19 »

I have braces only on my top teeth and all of the brackets on my top teeth are ceramic. Only in the way back on each side do I have metal.
Samantha

Tooth-Colored Brackets and a white wire for 8 months.

Braces are off! Retainer coming soon

Ravishing

#12 Post by Ravishing »

I have 6 ceramic on the top and everything else is metal.
[/url]
Was braced for all 9 months of my pregnancy and managed to keep fresh elastics on during all 26 hours of labor!!

mikecl

#13 Post by mikecl »

Other than the two metal molar bands, all of my brackets on the upper arch are ceramic.

Lower brace goes on this Friday and as far as I know these will all be ceramic as well

Cheers

Mike
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Upper Ceramic Brace - 11 May 2007
1 Extraction and Lower Ceramic Brace - 13 July 2007
2 x Elastics - 9 April 2008

Story so far...
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... c&start=30

Samantha19

#14 Post by Samantha19 »

So, what you're saying is that not all of the brackets are ceramic ;)
I guess what I mean is the majority except 2, one on each side that the archwire is anchoring into.
Last edited by Samantha19 on Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Samantha

Samantha19

#15 Post by Samantha19 »

I was just teasing, of course ;)
Oh ok.

Sorry about that. I was just in a bad mood because of something else and I probably read it wrong.
Samantha