length of time between visits

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gingerprince

length of time between visits

#1 Post by gingerprince »

Hi,

Only discovered this site today, really pleased I did.
I've had my braces since January, so 6 months now.

From the info on ArchWired.com it seems that most people have appointments with their Ortho every 4-6 weeks.

My treatment is in the UK, and my appointments are every 10 weeks.
I've been told my treatment will be roughly 14 months.

Does anyone know if it would be quicker if I had more frequent appointments, or are others in the UK 10 weeks aswell.

Thanks,
GP

joney

#2 Post by joney »

Hi gingerprince

I'm from Dublin but live in England. I'm sure you'll find archwired a great source of information and great support, I know I have.

I have damons and the time stated on their literature is every 10 weeks but I've had 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 8 weeks and 10 week apart appointment times, depending on what my ortho was hoping to achieve.

From what I've seen here appointment schedules can vary widely and it's in your ortho's best interest to get your treatment done as quickly as possible. However some things take longer and teeth need to "settle" so best to listen to what your ortho recommends.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

Dark_angel

#3 Post by Dark_angel »

My appointments have varied between 7 and 11 weeks appart, which seems like a long time but movement is still happening so its not such a big deal. In my opinion its better for me to go less because my ortho is in the city and im a fair few miles out.
Like someone else has said it also can depend on the type of braces you have.

gingerprince

#4 Post by gingerprince »

thanks for your input everyone.

MiamiRox05

#5 Post by MiamiRox05 »

My appointments were every 2-3 months, until the last 2 months when I came in every month (Today was my last appoint before I go back in 2 weeks to get them off)
What I was told was that because my braces were made of titanium (not stainless steel) the heat from my mouth kept them tight and therefor required less tightenings.

Chiwawamom

#6 Post by Chiwawamom »

My apts are about 5 weeks apart.......that seems kinda close?

loulou123

#7 Post by loulou123 »

my appointments are between every 4 and 7 weeks with 6 being typical.

your ortho will no what is best tho as he knows the treatment etc you require, so try not to be to worried.

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

http://adultwithbraces.blogspot.com/

KatK

#8 Post by KatK »

I just had one today (first adjustment) next appointment is in 9 week!s
~ Pendulum on December 1st
~ Damon lowers March 27
~ PENDULUM OFF MAY 22nd!
~ Palatal Bar installed May 22nd..
~ Damon clear uppers May 22 too!

Naranja

#9 Post by Naranja »

I had my upper braces in March
and I have appointments every 2 weeks :P (wich includes: change ligs, congratulations on progress, small talk, etc)

I guess it depends also in how close your ortho needs to follow your progress

TheUnk311

#10 Post by TheUnk311 »

When I first started it was 4-6 weeks between visits. Since my surgery it's been every 2-3 weeks. Like others have said, it all depends on how closely they want to watch you.

lelerz

#11 Post by lelerz »

I have my appts every 6-8 weeks, but like already stated... it's mostly because they just want to see my progress. With all my appts in the past 1.5 year, only 60% of the time has the Ortho done any actual work!

All the other times was a pat on the shoulder and a, "Looks good!"

mrsphase74

#12 Post by mrsphase74 »

My appointments are scheduled for every three weeks.My daughter is normally scheduled for every four weeks. We use the same ortho, so I just wait the extra week so she and I can go on the same day. Works for me since during the school year I had to drive 30 mins from work to pick her up from school to go to the ortho, then drop her off back at school and drive 30 mins back to work!

Nancy51

#13 Post by Nancy51 »

I have Damon brackets, too, and I'm to have appointments every 10 weeks. However, my first follow-up appointment is not for a couple of weeks, so that I'll be interested to see if my timetable will vary as Joney's has. My ortho does has a basic schedule of mini-projects--this tooth standing up straight, that tooth rotating a bit, and so forth--so it makes sense that Damon's general timetable may have to change to accomodate each mouth.

This site is terrific for supplementing the information I get from my ortho. Thanks!

Nancy

*Denise*

#14 Post by *Denise* »

Every month! :x

onedayperfect

#15 Post by onedayperfect »

Mine have ranged from 2-6-8 weeks nothing unusal.