Just got braces and gaps already???

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hawkerswife

Just got braces and gaps already???

#1 Post by hawkerswife »

I just got braces yesterday but I swear some of my teeth have small gaps between them that were not there before. Could that be possible??Also I am having a heck of a time flossing. Some teeth I just can not get floss to go between. Is it possible some of the excess bonding agent/glue is whats keeping me from getting between some teeth. Will this just dissolve on its on?

marcusjb

#2 Post by marcusjb »

I certainly noticed small gaps and differences within the first day I am sure. I am now about 5 weeks in and can drive a bus through some of the gaps that have appeared!

However - there are also some places I have always been able to floss and get a Tepe brush into - now it is very hard to.

I am sure your gaps are all fine.

Difficult to say whether it is the bonding stuff though - I guess just look closely and if you think that is the case, speak to the orthodontist?

MJB

gingerprince

#3 Post by gingerprince »

yeah, I noticed quite a bit of movement in the first week.
An overlap on my front lower teeth (about 3/4 of a tooth hidden) was corrected within 2 weeks.

It's a great feeling to see them straightening up in a short space of time.

braceface2005

Gaps Already

#4 Post by braceface2005 »

As time goes on you'll notice gaps and spaces as your teeth move. I use Oral B Super Floss to floss my teeth especially my lower bottom teeth because they have a power chain on them and are difficult to floss. This kind of floss has a threader on it.

Hope this helps!

Metal braces on upper and lower teeth. Had 3 teeth extracted and spaces are still closing.

Braceschris

#5 Post by Braceschris »

I would look at a waterpick or something like that to help you brush also. That is what I had when I had braces years ago. I even notice gaps once my braces were on also.

Chris