Power chains....ow ow ow!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dramaqueendaisy

Power chains....ow ow ow!

#1 Post by dramaqueendaisy »

So, had my second adjustment yesterday...thicker wires and power chains upstairs...talk about throbbing! Made a huge dent in my packet of pain killers I can tell you! And as for eating...yeah...ouch.

Anyway, don't want to moan too much (although if you can't do it here where can you do it...? :lol: ) Anyone else find the same thing with the powerchains?

Hey, at least the sun is shining! 8)

Bye for now! :rose:

5 teeth out during Feb 07

Ceramics top and bottom Friday 9 March 2007

Braces removed (!!) and permanent retainers fitted Monday 24 May 2010

Essix retainers Wednesday 26 May 2010

newmetal

#2 Post by newmetal »

Yea my teeth were really sensitive when i got my first powerchain about 5 months ago. Since then, the new powerchains only make certain teeth sensitive. Look at the brightside this pain usually means movement.

Good luck

Newmetal

SDFD TSchott

#3 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I Really woulden't know I have had powerchains since my second adjustment so that was the only time I felt real pain... Other then that all my other adjustments I don't have any pain at all. Except for when I had a break from elastics for a while and then was put back on elastics thats when the small amount of pain kicked in....

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Skinny

#4 Post by Skinny »

Hi There Hang in there after about 3 or 4 days that pain , pulling and preasure will feel better, I refer to them a Pain chains so do the girls that work in my ortho's office. I think almost everyone who has had to wear them had some sort of discomfort at 1st.
I have had to wear them a few time aleady to close up spaces made from moving my midline over. The pain chain sure dose make teeth look nice by closeing the gaps up so just try to think of it that way, Take care!
Im 30 Female
TMD, Crowding, Overbite
Clear on top Medal on bottom
Beauitful smile wishes to Everyone!
Skinny

SnowSara

#5 Post by SnowSara »

Yes, it was a "different" kind of pain when I got my first power chain, but each subsequent change of power chains has been (nearly) pain-free. I remember on that first one I could really feel the inward tug, and my gaps closed quite quickly! Amazing how well they worked.

Now I have a posted wire on my bottom arch, which was described to me by the ortho's assistant as "even stronger than a power chain". Indeed, it's like have a "super" powerchain, 2 very strong elastic bands attached to the 2nd molars and posts in front pull the entire wire and therefore the front teeth together. Not kidding you - it closed gaps over night!

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.

Miss Smiley

#6 Post by Miss Smiley »

pOWer chain...that's all I have to say
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

momymom

#7 Post by momymom »

I've been hearing the term "power chains" in here for months but I didn't know what they were...well, I got them on today...OUCH...now I will never forget!!!! :cry: