extractions pain

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ava

extractions pain

#1 Post by Ava »

Hi everyone
well step one of my long journey is complete. I went to hospital last thursday and had 4 teeth removed. (I always forget the proper names but they are the 2 behind the eye teeth on the top and the 2 if you count 5 back on the bottom). Anyway, the extractions went well, not alot of pain the day after, as i didnt even require pain killers. But now, after a couple of days ive had alot of pain in the teeth that are next to where the extractions occurred. Is this normal as it is not exactly the socket which is sore? Could this be my teeth trying to move now that there is space?
Anyway braces in a few weeks- august 6th. nervous and excited.
Ava

Ava

#2 Post by Ava »

Thanks!
well there you go, they are the first premolars (bicupids)
:)

ccrisis

#3 Post by ccrisis »

Hi Ava,

I had three teeth removed pre-braces (I already had one missing on the bottom from when I was a kid). I had soreness in the remaining teeth for about a week or so afterward. I think it's pretty normal. Hope you feel better soon.

ccrisis
Braced 03-09-07
Ceramic Uppers
Metal Lowers

Laurie

#4 Post by Laurie »

I agree, it is pretty normal. But... if the pain persists I'd go ahead and call the doctor just to be safe.

dufficat

#5 Post by dufficat »

Hi Ava, I am experiencing the exact same thing and I even called my oral surgeon to make sure this pain was normal. I had four premolar extractions on Friday and Saturday was no pain at all. Monday and today the pain is much more than I thought it would be and it feels like the gums are hurting all over my mouth and the jaw aches.

The oral surgeon said everyone is different with the pain and where it hurts with extractions so hopefully we will feel better soon! Good luck!

Ava

#6 Post by Ava »

hey thanks guys
oh thats good to hear dufficat that someone else is going through the same thing.
thanks for the feedback :)