Get Braces next thursday

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kee Flower

Get Braces next thursday

#1 Post by Kee Flower »

I am sso scared to get them. I am only 15. I don't know what to expect. I have heard and read bad stuff please help me not be so scared :oops: :cry:

breal87

#2 Post by breal87 »

Don't be scared. I first got braces at 13 and I thought it was cool because everyone had them. Now I am 20 years old and I have braces once a again. So make sure you follow all the directions!! :D

AngelOfLife

#3 Post by AngelOfLife »

Much easier to get them at 15, since you are still in school and lots of people have them in school anyway, so people don't make a big deal out of it. I am 16, have had braces for 3 months so far and 1 month of that was during my last month of school. No one made any fuss about it, I was just simply asked by a few people how long I need them for. Lots of people at this site have gotten braces in their 20's, 30's and 40's. I am willing to bet they all wish they have had them earlier in their life.

Certainly, I wish I got them earlier, and I'm only 16. :)

adrienne

#4 Post by adrienne »

I'm 15 as well! I wish I got them earlier as well :lol:
Because I'm currently wearing my expander and I'm going to get braces after my expansion and I wish I should have done this ages ago because my parents insisted but me being what a teenager does is not give in .. until now :D
Don't worry, there are probably a lot of other kids at your school with braces. It's not that uncommon obviously!
;ADRIENNE
RPE for one month: 45 turns
quad-helix, lingual arch
ceramic braces for 18 months

braces off!

EmmyD

Don't Worry

#5 Post by EmmyD »

:P I am only 13 almost 14 and just got my braces 3 weeks ago. My orthodontist said that I was just the right age now to get them. Would not have done anygood to get them earlier. Lots of kids I know have braces now and a lot are just getting them at your age. It is no bad. I will probably still have mine on well into 16 years of age. Seems like a long time to go, but I know it will be worth it. Good luck....it is not that bad.....spacers were terrible pain, but not as much with the braces on. :lol:

Kee Flower

#6 Post by Kee Flower »

Thanks All,
I think I will do ok i just hope it don't hurt bad. I know why I am getting them and I know I need Them. EmmyD i have spacers now i don't think they are that bad.

Carolinahigh12

#7 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

Kee Flower,

I am 27 yrs old and getting braces next Thursday also. I am currently in spacers and finally getting over the adjustment phase. THe first 3-4 days was pretty bad. WHen I got them in , it took awhile for the soreness o come thru but around the 2 day it got a little worst. Good luck
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

Kee Flower

#8 Post by Kee Flower »

Carolinahigh12,
That is the same thing i went thourgh with the spacers now they don't bother me.I have had two to fall out.

alexa

#9 Post by alexa »

Hey there!

Don't worry...braces are a snap. It doesn't hurt that badly...I never even needed to take aspirin once in the near 29 months I've had these things. Take up KK's advice, as it's excellent. Just become knowledgeable about your treatment, and jump in. It'll be over before you know it. I'm 25 now (was 22 when I got braces) and boy I wish I had taken care of this 10 years ago...but nevertheless, am glad I finally got around to it. Totally worth it!

Good luck!

P.S. EmmyD -- w00t! Degrassi. Love that show. Been watching it since I was like 9 (well, Degrassi Jr. High and Degrassi High since I was 9 and I've watched Degrassi TNG throughout its production as well)! 8)
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

sashafeelgood

It's not so bad

#10 Post by sashafeelgood »

I've had braces a little over a month now and can say it hasn't been all that bad at all (knocks on wood.) It was just a matter of adjusting to having something in your mouth that wasn't there before. Be sure to follow the tips members have posted on the board (the lip balm tip is the best!!) Just tell yourself that it won't be bad and that'll help tons...a positive attitude really does help. Best of luck to you :D

Kee Flower

#11 Post by Kee Flower »

Thank you all,
I fill better now.I don't have long now