Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

platinum

#466 Post by platinum »

Lavendar as fresh and seven weeks later (after loads of coffee mugs) :)

Image Image

SnowSara

#467 Post by SnowSara »

I like all the purples, too! Does anybody else pick colors by going back and forth between "warm" and "cool" colors? I have pink now, had teal before, and will go back to another blue- or green-toned hue at the next adjustment. Is that weird :P :lol:

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.

platinum

#468 Post by platinum »

YELLOW

I will get my wire changed in two days and today i had teeth cleaning, so I thought I will be little bit silly. I took yellow ligs for two days. Well, I showed them to my boyfriend expecting him to start laugh, but he found them nice...

LuvBug26

New Colors!! :)

#469 Post by LuvBug26 »

Had my third adjustment and it wasn't "too" bad!! :lol: Bigger wire on the bottom and fortunatly for me (b/c my uppers were hurting that morning for some reason) he left the top alone!! YEAH!! :jump:
I changed my colors to yellow and green and i am quite fond of the yellow!! I might have to do yellow and pink next time!!! He did tell me that on my next adjustment I get my anchors in and depending on that I "Might" not have to get elastics!! :banana: Let me knock on some wood before I jinx myslef!!!! I am scared of the anchors..i'm not a big fan of pain so I hope this doesn't kill me!!!! :-((
I am posting new pictures of my newest colors..and in a month or two will be some power chains!! YIPPEEE!!!!! :roll:
I hope the pics come out good....i can't figure out how to get a good pic and have it not be blurry!!!!! :lol:
Enjoy :)

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa23 ... rl/002.jpg

"To error is human, to forgive is divine."

platinum

#470 Post by platinum »

ThinkPink

Yellow is cool! :!:
I chose yellow ligs, again. They are somehow very fresh looking!

LuvBug26

#471 Post by LuvBug26 »

I know what you mean platinum!! i have clear ceremics on my uppers so the yellow looks particularly good on those!!! I might just do all yellow this time...i'm not sure!!! Good thing i still have a few weeks b/f i have to decide on that one!!! :D

strugglebuggy

should I go colorful for my last adjustment?

#472 Post by strugglebuggy »

Hi All! :)

I will have my last real adjustment in a few weeks and I am thinking of going for colors just this one time. What do you all think? :) I am really digging the green that Meryaten has posed on page one. :thumbsup: I am a tea drinker, so does anyone have suggestions? :wink:

LuvBug26

#473 Post by LuvBug26 »

Strugglebuggy
I currently have yellow on top and green on bottom and I love it!!! Besides my hot pink and electric blue it might be my favorite combo so far!!! I am an avid tea drinker too as well and hawiian punch and none of my ligs have changed color at all or faded. They sill look as bright as they did when I got them on the first day!!! I would say go with green!! Or if you like two colors green and yellow!!!! :D I can't wait to be in the same position as you!! Luck lucky!! :banana: Congrats on your finished treatment!! Have fun picking your final colors and post some pics of whatever you get so we can see!!!! :) :dance:

Miss Smiley

#474 Post by Miss Smiley »

OK the date is actually August 4th that I took these. I had to go back and photoshop the 8 out and 4 in. But here are my new colors.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

Dovechild20

#475 Post by Dovechild20 »

Had my final adjustment today with my ortho here (im moving) and i went back to light blue (no pic right now).

Before that i just had the opaque color and all it did was stain, stain, stain, ugh, lol.

When i get my new ortho, i think i will try some warmer colors.

strugglebuggy

#476 Post by strugglebuggy »

Thanks Pink and Smiley. :)

I knew I'd come here and feel OK with going with a color the last adjustment. My husband looked at me like I was crazy when I told him the other day. :? My way of thinking is, Hey, I spent the past 2 1/2 years in the braces- I deserve a little fun. So, on my last adjustment I think I will ask the tech if I can have a little color in my smile. :) Hope they say yes.

LuvBug26

#477 Post by LuvBug26 »

StruggleBuggy-I checked out your blog/pic profile and your teeth look great!! I have to be in mine for 2 years and i'm almost 4 months into them!! I hope the next 19.5 months go by quick!!!! :P
You are like me, i had to have them for an overbite and crowding and so far I can see that it's working well!! My front crowding has definatly shrunk (for lack of a better word) and i can tell a little that my overbite is gradually fixing itself!! YEAH!! :banana:
I would venture to say that your ortho will have no problem letting you get colorful for your last adjustment!!! It's like you said... you've had these things on for 2.5 years why not throw some fun in it at the end!!! :jokerlaugh:
Let us know what you decide to do!!! My next adjustment is next wednesday and I get my anchors in and maybe..but hopefully not...elastics...then month after that is my powerchains!! WOO HOO!!!
Oh well....it's what the end result is going to be that keeps me excited about it all!!! :-#)

strugglebuggy

#478 Post by strugglebuggy »

Thanks for reading, Pink. If you don't have a blog, you should start one! It is a really cool way to track your progress, not to mention to show the newbie, such as yourself, just what braces can do. :) I will keep you all posted as to what I go with at my next adjustment. :)

Jen

zefirynka

#479 Post by zefirynka »

Got something new for you :)

strugglebuggy

#480 Post by strugglebuggy »

Wow! Look at that! And interesting little hooks to go with it. :)