Bite and braces question...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lildreamer

Bite and braces question...

#1 Post by lildreamer »

Hi everyone... i had a quick question.. i recently saw my ortho and he concluded i had a class I malaclussion.. basically just crooked teeth! I had braces a few years ago and had relapse hence the reason for braces again. Since i dont have any bite issues as such (like no elastics needed- never had them either) does anyone have any opinions on treatment time?? Sorry for asking such a question without pictures i know but my ortho wont give a time frame as thats his policy..

I would welcome anyones personal exp, opinions..
Thanks! :D

sophielafille

#2 Post by sophielafille »

I had that and wore braces for 21 months.

-sophie
Braces on November 16, 2005: Ceramic Uppers, Metal Lowers
Frenectomy done on December 5, 2005
4 extractions done on December 10
TPA installed Jan 16, 2006
Elastic Triangles started June 8, 2006
BRACES OFF!!!!!!!!!! July 17, 2007
now wearing two removable retainers. Yeah!!!!

cwatt1

#3 Post by cwatt1 »

Hard to say, really, lildreamer. Generally bite issues take longer, but like so many other things pertaining to orthodontics, it depends. (Seems like that phrase applies to orthodontic treatment and income taxes equally :lol: )

I have a Class II deep bite as well as crowding and a crossbite, and the estimate my ortho made for me was 21 months. But I realize that can only be a very general estimate.

Meryaten made a suggestion in another thread that I think was right on the mark, so I'll repeat it here: you might ask your ortho what specific procedures will be undertaken in your treatment. The time element depends to a very great extent on what the issues are and what your ortho plans to do, and when during the course of your treatment he plans to do it.

Good luck!

Click here to read about my progress.