Spacers (who had them/ who didnt)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bracesafter40

#16 Post by bracesafter40 »

No spacers here as my Ortho hates bands, so there was no need for them. I have brackets on my molars and they have the elastic hooks on them and not a hook to hold a headgear.

I thought I was going to get one band as I had a bracket that fell off three times, but she just roughened the surface of the tooth and placed the bracket lower down the tooth.
http://bracesafter40.blogspot.com
Bridge Sectioned: Feb. 14, 2007
Last Pre-braces cleaning: Feb. 20, 2007
#21 Extraction: Feb. 20, 2007
Sentenced: 32 months
Top Braced: Feb 28, 2007
Bottom Braced: Apr. 4, 2007
New Ortho on Apr. 25, 2008
May 6; fluorescent blue ligs incl. upper powerchains. 2 elastics; Sept. 2, 2008.
Next Adj.: July 7, 2009 at 8:30a

Sistermadly

#17 Post by Sistermadly »

No spacers or bands for me, either.

*BidiBidiBomBom*

#18 Post by *BidiBidiBomBom* »

I definitely had those spacers!! :o They gave me the worst pain..I only had them on for about a week. Honestly, I think that the spacers were the worst part of this treatment for me. :(

Milk n Cereal

#19 Post by Milk n Cereal »

I've had spacers in for about 5 days now and I am happy to report that they are no longer hurting and crunchy foods are no longer the devil! :twisted:

I am so glad I've found AW. Now I know to ask if the cleats on my soon-to-have molar bands are necessary or not so he can clip them off and save me the pain! :o

Click on WWW below for my story!

Stich

#20 Post by Stich »

I needed bands on two teeth to hold my TPA. I think I must be one of the few who didn't find spacers that bad....in fact they were really one of the easier aspects of my treatment.

Becky

Ava

#21 Post by Ava »

yep just got them on this morning. 4 on top, 2 on bottom. Damn they are annoying. One is hurting, but the others are ok so far. It's really hard not to pick them out its just uncomfortable!