4th adjustment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LaShaun

4th adjustment

#1 Post by LaShaun »

Image-power chains on the left top and bottom
Image-power chain on th right bottom
Image-4th adjusment

Does anyone know what wire is that's tighten around the bracket before putting the power chains on. If you look closely at the first picture you can see it at the top around the first bracket at the top where the power chain start

bracesafter40

#2 Post by bracesafter40 »

not i; but when will they attach the teeth that are behind?
when is u next adj.? how often do u have them?
Nice ligs., btw.
http://bracesafter40.blogspot.com
Bridge Sectioned: Feb. 14, 2007
Last Pre-braces cleaning: Feb. 20, 2007
#21 Extraction: Feb. 20, 2007
Sentenced: 32 months
Top Braced: Feb 28, 2007
Bottom Braced: Apr. 4, 2007
New Ortho on Apr. 25, 2008
May 6; fluorescent blue ligs incl. upper powerchains. 2 elastics; Sept. 2, 2008.
Next Adj.: July 7, 2009 at 8:30a

LaShaun

#3 Post by LaShaun »

Thank KK that's the wire they put at the start of each power chain.
Powerchains are not joke along with filing between the teeth to create more space. Day 1 and 2 I think was worse that the first time I got braced

LaShaun

#4 Post by LaShaun »

bracesafter40 wrote:not i; but when will they attach the teeth that are behind?
when is u next adj.? how often do u have them?
Nice ligs., btw.
when there's space created for the teeth that are leaning to move back then they'll bring up the one's behind. Strange thing is when they put my bottom on it brought the two bottom lower ones up so now it look like i have stacked teeth at the bottom. And sometimes depending on how I'm talking it look as if I'm missing those first two bottom because the back to are so talk. I hate it but i know it's going to be all good in the end.
My next adjustment is Sept 10.
Thanks for the comment- my ligs are screaming pink
How's it going with your braces

LaShaun

#5 Post by LaShaun »

[img=http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/8903 ... qt0.th.jpg]
Even my smile has changed on this one. my top teeth are sitting up higher over my bottom

SandraJones

#6 Post by SandraJones »

Wow, LaShaun, you were really able to get that one upper tooth to come down into position ! Did that take 4 months ? It looks fabulous ! Your bottom teeth are looking good too even with those ones that aren't yet bracketed. I'm looking forward to seeing more progress pics. Those of you who are doing this have inspired me to take my own seriies of pics. I just got separators yesterday and will have braces put on in 2 weeks, both upper and lower. I'm going to record my progress, it's so interesting to see the progress of everyone else ! :-)

LaShaun

#7 Post by LaShaun »

SandraJones wrote:Wow, LaShaun, you were really able to get that one upper tooth to come down into position ! Did that take 4 months ? It looks fabulous ! Your bottom teeth are looking good too even with those ones that aren't yet bracketed. I'm looking forward to seeing more progress pics. Those of you who are doing this have inspired me to take my own seriies of pics. I just got separators yesterday and will have braces put on in 2 weeks, both upper and lower. I'm going to record my progress, it's so interesting to see the progress of everyone else ! :-)
Actually it was less than 4 month(I have a page with the comparison) just search for me by author "LaShaun" and you can see the progress for the top.
Welcome to the Brace journey,how long will you have your braces. You should post a before picture

SandraJones

#8 Post by SandraJones »

The doc estimated 18 months, upper and lower, with class 2 elastics at some point. I had braces and then a Le Fort I as a teen, so this is round two for me. :-) I don't have such big problems as I did the first round.

I will have to find a picture hosting site but once I do I will definitely make my pics available for viewing ! I love looking at everyone else's pics, it's fascinating and also very encouraging !

LaShaun

#9 Post by LaShaun »

SandraJones wrote:The doc estimated 18 months, upper and lower, with class 2 elastics at some point. I had braces and then a Le Fort I as a teen, so this is round two for me. :-) I don't have such big problems as I did the first round.

I will have to find a picture hosting site but once I do I will definitely make my pics available for viewing ! I love looking at everyone else's pics, it's fascinating and also very encouraging !

Why's this your second go round? how long has i been since your first round?