gap gap gap

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

poloaa

gap gap gap

#1 Post by poloaa »

i have been braces since may.2005, so far so good, my teeth are all straight, except still using rubberband to close my two gaps (one from upper left and one from upper right), is that normal taking so long to close it?? both gaps are next to the upper molar teeth. when all the teeth are closing nicely, except these two areas are never "closed" together., is that normal???? pls help.
35 years old, mom of two
Est. treatment time:16 months

Sherri

#2 Post by Sherri »

My gaps are taking forever too. about a mm on one side and it just never seems to close. Tonight I took extra elastics and put them on to try and speed things along myself. i know people might disagree with me doing my own thing but after two and a half years enough is enough. I want this over!

poloaa

#3 Post by poloaa »

actually my braces started may.2006, i put 2005, sorry about it.
yes, it is never closed. My next visit is this Friday, will see what the ortho says. Everytime i see him, he said, "your braces are done soon"!! haha
35 years old, mom of two
Est. treatment time:16 months