For NHS uk people- Adult waiting times for brace fitting

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

loulou123

#1 Post by loulou123 »

hi squid

i had to wait approx 25 months before being braced after intial appointment.

Im on the south coast tho, so couldnt be much further away from you! lol

seriously tho depends alot on your case and the health authority your under.

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

http://adultwithbraces.blogspot.com/

luke88

#2 Post by luke88 »

8 or 9 moths is pretty impressive. ive been on the waiting list now for 24 months and i still haven't been seen too. ive rang them up a few times and they have no idea when i'll be seen. :cry:

neas

#3 Post by neas »

I was referred from a private orthodontist to a Jaw Surgeon at first.

Initial referral from private orthodontist was in December 2006 Now in August 2007 I've had my first NHS brace fitted.

My 'timeline':

Dec 2006: Consult Private Orthodontist - Referred to NHS hospital
Feb 2007: Consult NHS Othognathic Surgeon - Agree to see 'team'
21 May 2007: Moulds - Xrays taken
6 June 2007: Initial Meeting with 8 or so Orthognathic/Orthodontict people
31 July 2007: Initial Spacers Fitted
7 August 2007: Braces and Retainer fitted

So really from my initial feb consultation it took me 5 months to get my brace fitted. Altho the entire process started around 3 months later.

Hearing these large waiting periods on NHS i guess i've been lucky to get seen so quickly.

I live in Devon and go to Plymouth Hospital

Clairey Fairey

#4 Post by Clairey Fairey »

My boyfriend got his straight away!!

principessa

#5 Post by principessa »

Hi Squid! I live in the midlands and I got mine within a month of my appt with the dentist (and that was only because I was going on holiday and I wanted to wait until I came back). Guess I was really fortunate!
Px