First Suresmile wire!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

swede

First Suresmile wire!

#1 Post by swede »

First, I wanted to say that I just got back from 2 1/2 weeks in Sweden. I have to say that braces are not that common over there. I saw a total of TWO people (teenagers). I don't know if they are all born with fairly straight teeth or what. When I grew up there, only the severe cases got braces. Anyway, I did feel stared at sometimes. My mom couldn't get over how much work it looks to be. I have to say that I was relieved to be back in the US where braces are a lot more common. I had a GREAT trip seeing my family though, so I am NOT complaining.

My other good news is that I had my first Suresmile wire inserted yesterday (prebent by computer/robot). The best news is that there were only TWO wires made to get to the final result. Now we have to see how fast my teeth move. I am hoping to be done early. I wonder how much time I am actually saving by using the Suresmile. My teeth have moved so fast with regular wires just in 6.5 months.

I will try to post pictures soon.

Niki

#2 Post by Niki »

Welcome back! Glad to see you had a wonderful time visting your family.