Just 10 weeks to go and I'll be brace-free

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cece

Just 10 weeks to go and I'll be brace-free

#1 Post by cece »

I've only been braced since August 06, initial timeframe was 20-24 months. This is my tentative debracing date anyways....saw my dentist at the beginning of the month who says it's time to see the oral surgeon. So, I had my initial consult w/ the oral surgeon yesterday and then went to my orthodontist for an adjustment. The ortho says 10 more weeks and we'll remove braces. I need to call the oral surgeon back to let him know the timeframe, and I need to set up extraction of my remaining baby tooth w/ my dentist. The dentist was concerned b/c he's seeing some infection around my poor little upper baby tooth. My lower one cracked and was pulled when I was in 7th grade...no permanents behind them so I'll be getting implants. The oral surgeon says implants won't be a problem for me except the top one may be a bit trickier b/c of the sinus cavity above but he doesn't think anything "extra" will need to be done there. If he says I need a graft or lift or anything like that I may opt for a bridge there b/c the implants are not covered at all with my insurance and a bridge would be and I could avoid any extra (and traumatic in my mind and wallet :shock: ) treatments.

cece

#2 Post by cece »

sorry for the double-post....can't delete it either