Random Poll: What side do you tend to chew on the most?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

science teacher

side

#16 Post by science teacher »

LEFT
SARPE 11/23/06
Expansion over 12/18/06 8.5mm
Brace day tops 1/15/07
Brace day bottoms 3/19/07
all expansion devices removed 9/19/07

adrienne

#17 Post by adrienne »

I chew on the left side, because since I have an expander, my bite is off, and my teeth don't touch on the right side (and I have a cross bite there).
;ADRIENNE
RPE for one month: 45 turns
quad-helix, lingual arch
ceramic braces for 18 months

braces off!

freerideuk

#18 Post by freerideuk »

i chew on the left and never the right as i have a crss bite and none of my teeth touch on the right lol

xxxxx

Smiletagious:o)

#19 Post by Smiletagious:o) »

I chew on both sides equally, except if one side is sore I don't chew on it as much, especially with hard foods. This thread is interesting, I wonder if there's any connection with right or left handedness?? hmm. . . :?

Whitters

#20 Post by Whitters »

Smiletagious:o) wrote:I wonder if there's any connection with right or left handedness??
I could speak for myself.... it's not because of being left or right handed for me.. I just started chewing on my left side cause I had a cavity on my right side when I was younger. When I got it fixed, the filling fell out.. So I was skeptical to chew on my right side at the time..... I just got accustomed chewing on my left side :) .
B-day: May 14th 2007

Higgy

#21 Post by Higgy »

Mine has changed....I used to chew on the right side the most....but since the right jaw dislocated, I've found it more comfortable to chew on the left.

Andantae

#22 Post by Andantae »

Whichever side is the least sore that day! My molars are on the move, so it seems like alternately one side is more tender than the other. Overall, I chew much more slowly.
Braced 5-30-07 for 18-24 months
In-Ovation Uppers, Metal Lowers, TPA upper arch, Lower Lingual arch, no elastics.
100% Deep Bite, Crowding, Over Extrusion
BSSO & Genio surgery June 4th '08!

"Truth is a bully we all pretend to like." Gregory David Roberts -SHANTARAM

LuvBug26

#23 Post by LuvBug26 »

I have always chewed predominantly on my right side but after i got my braces on i switched to the left for some reason. So now, I mostly chew on the left side. Wierd huh?!?! :)

"To error is human, to forgive is divine."

fx4

#24 Post by fx4 »

Left, My right side hits my braces

Pepper

#25 Post by Pepper »

I guess I usually chew on my left side. I'm not really sure why, however.

Nancy51

#26 Post by Nancy51 »

Left side, as pre-braces. But then, I used to occasionally bite the right side of my mouth because of tooth misalignment, so that the left side would have been safer. :shock: I've never thought about it before--interesting question. (Right handed, BTW.)
Nancy