Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SnowSara

#496 Post by SnowSara »

OMG Loooooove the purple!!!

My adjustment's next week and THANK GOD because these light pink ones totally faded and turned a sort of beige orange YUCK!! No more light pink for me! Coffee killed 'em.

I was thinking of going with this sparkley dark indigo they have but maybe I should follow Lisa's lead and go PURPLE??
Heehee, we'll see next week!

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.

Miss Smiley

#497 Post by Miss Smiley »

Aww.....I'm sad, I had some sort of reaction to the teal powerchain so he said I need to go back to clear for now. I am not sure if I will be able to go back to anymore colored ligs or powerchains. Image I also got a new gold archwire on the lowers because that was where the swelling and blistering was from my teal powerchain.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

turrrtlelove22

#498 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

PURPLE...^^

Image[/b]
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

JoviFan

#499 Post by JoviFan »

SnowSara wrote:OMG Loooooove the purple!!!

My adjustment's next week and THANK GOD because these light pink ones totally faded and turned a sort of beige orange YUCK!! No more light pink for me! Coffee killed 'em.

I was thinking of going with this sparkley dark indigo they have but maybe I should follow Lisa's lead and go PURPLE??
Heehee, we'll see next week!
When I finally get my bottoms, I'm def gonna add a little color - prob purple it's my fav color :) :)
Uppers Braced 1/29/07; 2 Upper bicuspid extractions 9/14/07; Lowers braced 9/25/07

SnowSara

#500 Post by SnowSara »

OMG Now I have to do purple! Heehehe!

I learned my lesson even though I had already been told - those pastel colors just don't hold up and aren't enough of a punch of color for me. I'll only do bright or deep colors from now on. I loved my teal and dark pink I had earlier this summer. The baby blue and light pink did not impress me anymore after 8 weeks of coffee drinking ;)

Sandista

#501 Post by Sandista »

To those of you who have had smoke colored ligs....

how good are they at resisting staining?

I have pearl colored ligs and have had my braces almost a month and hate the coffee stains! They make my teeth look really yellow when they're really not that bad. GRRR! :x I have also been avoiding curry and red wine, both of which I love, :cry: because I don't want to walk around with nastier stains than I already have un til my 1st adjustment in September.

I have ceramic uppers & lowers with a few metals in the back (but not really noticeable). If smoke ligs stain too, does anyone have any suggestions for colors that are stain resistant, but still a bit subtle?

Thank you!!!!!! :jokerlaugh:

Sandista

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

PrincessMelody

#502 Post by PrincessMelody »

Latest colors... bright blue on top (back in the powerchain) and hot pink on bottom. I've got another adjustment in two weeks! So I may be sporting new colors soon.

Check out my braces story by clicking the WWW
28 months and 22 days in braces
Now in an upper and lower Hawley retainer.

missytoeaeris

just wanted to say

#503 Post by missytoeaeris »

That you guys are awesome and make me more brave about colors! I got braces on Wednesday and went straight for colors :D School colors, purple and yellow alternating. Thanks for posting so many awesome pictures of your colors and not being afraid to show off the braces! I'll be back to post some of mine when I get them uploaded.

Genie

#504 Post by Genie »

Hi! I have clear uppers and lavender lowers on my third adjustment. I love those colours! They are far more stain-resistant then my white ligs. They never stain, though I drank choco drink, tea and ate tomyam (Thai flavoured sour spicy soup)... but I still avoid curry because it turned my white ligs bright yellow immediately and the stains are impossible to remove!
19th May 2007- Two right premolars extracted
26th May 2007- Two left premolars extracted and spacers in
2nd June 2007- Upper arch braced
5th July 2007- Lower arch braced
I have all metal conventional brackets
Looking forward to straight teeth and nice smile

SnowSara

#505 Post by SnowSara »

Awesome, missytoeaeris! That's so great to hear. It was this thread, too, that inspired me to show off my braces!

I've been counting down the days till I get my new colors and it's finally tomorrow morning! Yay! PrincessMelody - I'm kinda jealous you get to pick out colors again in just two weeks! I love the pink and blue!

SnowSara

#506 Post by SnowSara »

Aaaaand, here's the pic! They look really purple in this photo, I guess I could correct that, but oh well - they're actually more of an indigo blue in person.

Lavender

#507 Post by Lavender »

I finally took a picture. I've had just about every color combo I think. Here is my newest, Orange and green.

All metal

missytoeaeris

#508 Post by missytoeaeris »

Purple and yellow, my college's colors!

Last edited by missytoeaeris on Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tin Indian

#509 Post by Tin Indian »

:tingrin: Silver powerchain up top with Maize and Blue ligs on bottoms. Double elastics on each side.Image
Last edited by Tin Indian on Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

sirithaeariel

#510 Post by sirithaeariel »

Currently I have Gryffindore colours, I had finished the harry potter book when I had my latest adjustment so I was like why not? My friend has slytherin, which was unplanned