Time between adjustments

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Killaking

Time between adjustments

#1 Post by Killaking »

i cant wait for my first adjustment it on the 222nd but is it every 6 weeks or 6 weeks then 4?

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

This topic has come up before.

Everyone is different and intervals between appointments will be dictated by the various stages of your treatment and the progress you make.

travelbug

#3 Post by travelbug »

From what I've seen, I think most people get adjustments about once a month or so. I've gotten adjustments about every 4 or 5 weeks. But so far the only factor in length of time in between has been when my ortho is available in combination with when my schedule is available to go see him! But agreed that it depends a lot on what treatment stage you're in, etc.

sjsarre

#4 Post by sjsarre »

My adjustments have ranged from 4wks to 8wks but I think thats mainly due to when I am available and when my ortho isn't off on holidays!!

I don't think there is any set time requirement.. Especially as your brace is continually working!

Blonde_Metal04

#5 Post by Blonde_Metal04 »

My adjustments are always two months apart. I have had my braces on for a year, and have been to 6 adjustments...
Spacers: 08/09/2006

ldowns99

#6 Post by ldowns99 »

My shortest interval between adjustments was four weeks. Now, I'm at 8 weeks, but my average has been 6 weeks. It seems to depend on how things are progressing and what my ortho wants to do with them next (different type of archwire, different elastics, etc.).

goldmetal

#7 Post by goldmetal »

I have an appointment every 4 weeks.
Braces on 12/19/06
Treatment time: 24 months

Neva

#8 Post by Neva »

I was going every three weeks for quite awhile, which was really pretty hard, but was mostly to retie the elastic on my impacted canine. Thankfully, the office was really close to where I was living at the time. I would be *so* happy to be able to go in once every two months! I don't think I've ever gone longer than five weeks or so, but usually all that happened is I got new ligatures and the canine tightened.

Thathrill

#9 Post by Thathrill »

with my first adjustment it was supposed to be 8 weeks but I ended up going 7 due to me leaving on a trip with work. then the next adjustment was supposed to be 6 weeks but it ended up being 7 again due to me being on a caribbean cruise. lol My 3rd adjustment is set for 6 weeks. I was told adjustment will be determined at each adjustment. Good thing my ortho is close to work as I usually just leave work and have it done.
Brace date: 5/2/2007
Debanding date: 1/14/2009
Ceramic Braces: 20 months
Currently in clear Essix retainers at night

My Blog: http://jjfan1.blogspot.com

Genie

#10 Post by Genie »

Hi! My schedule is supposed to be every 4 weeks but my ortho has a busy clinic so for the next adjustment, my schedule is pushed to 5/6 weeks apart. But its ok because mostly what he do every adjustment changing the ligatures. i'm getting a bit frustrated though because my teeth are spacing apart and in between my teeth there are ugly brown stains that I can't remove even though I use whitening toothpaste because I simply can't reach them! I wonder whether a regular cleaning can remove these stubborn stains?
19th May 2007- Two right premolars extracted
26th May 2007- Two left premolars extracted and spacers in
2nd June 2007- Upper arch braced
5th July 2007- Lower arch braced
I have all metal conventional brackets
Looking forward to straight teeth and nice smile