They're off!! (Pics)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LoobyLou

They're off!! (Pics)

#1 Post by LoobyLou »

Hi everyone.

I've also posted in the naked tooth section but have a couple more piccys to share!

I've now got my braces off after what felt like a very long time! (2 and a half years nearly). I'm so pleased they're off and am getting used to my essix retainers which I'm wearing about 23 hours a day at the moment.

Here's them about half an hour after they were removed:

And here's about 6 or so months into treatment:

You can't see properly but they are so much better than before - esp my midline. A trip to the hygienist won't go amiss to tackle a couple of stains but all in all I'm pretty pleased with the results!

LoobyLou xx
Last edited by LoobyLou on Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

*Denise*

#2 Post by *Denise* »

I have about a month to go!

SandraJones

#3 Post by SandraJones »

Nice !!!! You must be so happy !! How does it feel ?? Is it strange to not have anything pushing your lips out any more ? :-) And are you flossing like 1000 times a day because it's so easy now ? :-)
Nov 1960: born
1973 ?: palate expander
1973-1977: braces
Aug 1981: Le Fort I, posterior impaction to correct anterior open bite and class II malocclusion
Aug 2007: braces again to correct various alignment issues and class II malocclusion

LoobyLou

#4 Post by LoobyLou »

They feel great Sandra - I'm getting used to the new brace-free feeling quicker than I thought - definitely don't miss them!!

Lou xx

idolfan4

#5 Post by idolfan4 »

congratulations! Your teeth look very pretty. I got mine off in April and I got a gift certificate for my birthday; which is today (I turn 20 today) to get them whitened. I hope your looking into getting yours whitened as well. Congratulations again! :D

Andantae

#6 Post by Andantae »

LoobyLou,

Your teeth look FABULOUS!!!!! How thrilling for you to be done with braces after 2.5 years!

Love your smile!

Andi
Braced 5-30-07 for 18-24 months
In-Ovation Uppers, Metal Lowers, TPA upper arch, Lower Lingual arch, no elastics.
100% Deep Bite, Crowding, Over Extrusion
BSSO & Genio surgery June 4th '08!

"Truth is a bully we all pretend to like." Gregory David Roberts -SHANTARAM

PfectPitch

#7 Post by PfectPitch »

Pictures like yours give me hope! I have the same deep bite thing going on that you had, and seeing your results helps me realize that someday this, too, shall pass. Thanks for sharing.

LoobyLou

#8 Post by LoobyLou »

Idolfan4 - yes I am using some at home whitening products thank you - nothing fancy. Those pics do make my teeth look yellower than they actually are and when I went back that afternoon he polished off a couple of stains so they're already looking much better.