Bite Plate has gone! Good thing...or not?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

fitchick

#16 Post by fitchick »

Thanks Lis, I reckon losing that plate is probably the hardest bit of all. Strange as that should be a real turning point. I think DG was surprised by my reaction as I've taken everything else in my stride. We have to keep him on his toes though don't we?!!

iBorg I do hope that your bite plate leads to a halt for your grinding. It is amazing what these people can do for us. I have everything crossed for you and wish you well.

Fitchick
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neas

#17 Post by neas »

your situation sounds familiar to mine:

When i bit down i would bite into the gum material of my upper mouth. Supposedly my back teeth were 'still in the gums' or at least more than my front teeth.

Got to wear the bite plate for 9 months or so until the bites corrected and then i get brace on my upper arch... which is where majority of work will be done i think (got lovely overbite as well as the deep bite).

platinum

#18 Post by platinum »

Platinum you are lucky that you got your results in such a short time, and nights only? That's cheating!!
:D. My biteplate was there only to prevent me to bite my lower brackets off. I learned to bite without knocking them off :). My upper left premolars still hit the lower brackets but it seems to be ok.
My closed bite has rised, because my premolars were pulled up by the archwire.