Little Extras

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

verticaltrailmix

#16 Post by verticaltrailmix »

yikes :? I would go nuts if I couldn't get a straight answer about ortho stuff from the guy DOING it! :shock: "I" don't think it's normal... :?

wired after 50

#17 Post by wired after 50 »

My ortho is good but I do not get the personal attention some of you are getting. The treatment room looks like an assembly line with all the assistants tooling around changing wires and figuring what size bands go around a gold crown, etc. Then they yell ready to bond, check,etc and he comes over and does his thing. It works like a well oiled machine.

If I ask for wax or floss threaders they always give them to me. I have been extremely happy with the results to date so I would not change. But I do wish he would spend a little more time just kind of giving me an idea what is next. When I ask he does go into detail.

married2abuckeye

#18 Post by married2abuckeye »

I have my first adjustment in a few days, so my experience with my Ortho's office is still kind of limited, but so far I feel they are pretty good. The Ortho is very kind and calm, and explains everything very thoroughly. He called me the evening after I got braced to see how things were going (I missed the call, but he left a nice voicemail). He even has his picture taken with you after he puts the braces on you. I guess for some "before and after" memento...? Also, I got a t-shirt with my braces and every time I wear it to an appointment I will get my name entered into a draw for giftcards and other prizes!! :dance:

After I was referred to my Ortho by my dentist, I did some searches online and found out that he donated ortho treatment to a local nonprofit organization. That made me feel good about using him as my ortho.

The one thing that I find funny is they have this automated phone thingy that calls you and reminds you of your upcoming appointments, but it's the lamest robot voice. Sounds kinda like that voice program that we used to play with on our Commodore 64 back in the '80's. Or Speak'n'Spell. Anyway, it makes me laugh every time.
Follow my metal-mouthed journey here

Pepper

#19 Post by Pepper »

I got the intial bag of supplies and t-shirt. Now I get personalized e-mails. They have a website and everything. Also, I get newsletters in the mail every month or so. They also call to remind me of appointments. There's hardly ever a wait at the office. I just go in, put my pointer finger on this thing, and then my picture pops up on the computer screen and I'm checked in.

neas

#20 Post by neas »

mine is an nhs orthodontist so while i dont get as personalised a service as rest of you, i don't pay a penny :). Even got the goody back with mouthwash, toothbrush, wax etc for free too.

Altho they are pretty cool about my treatment, my archwire came out of back bracket and they had me in next day to fix it.