And they're off Baby!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

katmc_tx

And they're off Baby!!

#1 Post by katmc_tx »

Just came back from my d-banding and it feels sooooooooooooo awesome!!!!! If I could do back flips, I'd be doing them now.

I asked my ortho about the concerns regarding the Essix retainer and the possibility of it causing an open bite and not allowing my teeth to settle.
She said that is a possibility if you wear that retainer to much (over 8 to 10 hrs) and that is why I will only be wearing my at night. So I feel better about having the Essix.

I will be getting my pics after 5:00 p.m. today and will try to post them tonight.

BTW I remember someone asking about gifts for their assistants and I got my assistant and my ortho a box of Godiva Chocolatier. Not bad price wise 47.00 USD for both boxes.

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Got my braces off 9/20/07 after 19 months and 3 weeks. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!

strugglebuggy

#2 Post by strugglebuggy »

Way to go!!!!!!! :-)o :jump: :dance:

We want pictures! :)

katmc_tx

Before and After Pics

#3 Post by katmc_tx »

Bottom view before braces

Top view before braces

Front view before braces

Bottom view after braces

Top view after braces

Front view after braces

My teeth were not so bad before except for that right side on top and bottom. I was told if I let the bottom tooth stay so twisted I could have gum problems in the future. And so I was expecting to be in braces for one year but it took 19 months and 3 weeks. Thanks to everyone on the board for answered questions and support.
Got my braces off 9/20/07 after 19 months and 3 weeks. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!

Dimples

#4 Post by Dimples »

congratulations on your new grill! Looking good! :)

SandraJones

#5 Post by SandraJones »

kat ... my uppers have a lot of similarity to yours before braces, and I am really happy with YOUR result which hopefully will be mine too !! :-) Thank you so much for posting your pictures, and BIG CONGRATS being brace-free with lovely straight teeth !! They look great !!!
Nov 1960: born
1973 ?: palate expander
1973-1977: braces
Aug 1981: Le Fort I, posterior impaction to correct anterior open bite and class II malocclusion
Aug 2007: braces again to correct various alignment issues and class II malocclusion

jennielee81

#6 Post by jennielee81 »

STUNNING!!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Skinny

#7 Post by Skinny »

Congrats I bet it feels GREAT! :D Smile Lots!!!!
Im 30 Female
TMD, Crowding, Overbite
Clear on top Medal on bottom
Beauitful smile wishes to Everyone!
Skinny

Nervous

#8 Post by Nervous »

Katmc....your teeth look fantastic. I only hope my smile will be as great as yours !! :D :jump: :mrgreen:
Twin Blocks: August 19th, 2004
Braced: September 21st, 2005
Debanded: July 11th, 2008

discomom

#9 Post by discomom »

BEAUTIFUL!!!! :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D