Should this be happening?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dreamer2

Should this be happening?

#1 Post by dreamer2 »

I've had my braces for 6 weeks now and several teeth have visably moved which is pleasing, however..........the brace does not extend as far back as my back two teeth (upper & lower on both sides) so now all my other teeth have moved inwards except for those teeth that do not have the brace on- does that make sense?

I just wonder if this is normal as my upper and lower back teeth no longer fit together when i bite and they previously did! The was never anything wrong with my bite, alignment etc and i'm just concerned that i'm creating problems?

Maybe i'm worrying about nothing? I'm due to see my ortho in 2 weeks but if this shouldn't be happening i don't want it to continue over the next 2 weeks and then have to try and un-do this mistake? :?

DavidT

#2 Post by DavidT »

I don't know if that's right, but it's better than what my dentist did. He brought all teeth together first, then tried to straigten them. He now can't straigten without reopening spaces over and over again. I'm now at 36 months and counting as a result.

jennielee81

#3 Post by jennielee81 »

My last molars were bonded with brackets but only tied into the wire for about 12 weeks out of my entire 19 months in treatment.

This is quite normal.

:thumbsup:
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

KikiloSugilo

#4 Post by KikiloSugilo »

It isn't unusual not to have no bands/brackets on your molars. My orthodontist did not brace my back four molars until about 10 months into treatment since he wanted to address some rotation issues that would have otherwise been impeded.

GinaLime

#5 Post by GinaLime »

Similar experience here. For the first 3-4 months of treatment, my last two molars on the top and bottom were unbraced while the other teeth straightened. On my last visit, the other teeth were braced as well. As your ortho if ever in doubt!
Bimaxillary protrusion, 4 MM of overjet with a small overbite