Approaching the finish line!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

genxsis

Approaching the finish line!

#1 Post by genxsis »

I just had an adjustment on my uppers yesterday. It was my most painful adjustment! My right side teeth still hurt today when I chew. Also, a bracket came off a front tooth when they were removing the top wire.

But here's the good news: My ortho said the time is coming for the braces to come off at last! He kept giving me different times before, such as the end of April, then Summer, then Christmas, and then said that it would be at least my 2 year anniversary, which is Jan. 31st. Well, now he said I'll have another adjustment in just 1 month from now, followed by getting the braces off on November 15th early in the morning! I'll have to go back there later in the day to pick up my retainer.

Oh yeah, he also said I can stop using my elastics starting immediately! :D
Our words drift away. Our words journey to find those who will listen. It may be our words become lost. It may be our words find nothing, find no one. We call out into the distance.... --"Roma Ryan"

Clo

#2 Post by Clo »

Ah, this is just awesome !
Congrats.

genxsis

#3 Post by genxsis »

Thank you!!! I'm really hoping that this schedule will stick because the ortho still wants to close up a small gap near my front teeth. The gap has been there for about 8 months and hasn't changed at all. As for me, I'm fine with it. It's barely noticeable. I don't know if my ortho will feel the same way if it's still there at debracing time.
Our words drift away. Our words journey to find those who will listen. It may be our words become lost. It may be our words find nothing, find no one. We call out into the distance.... --"Roma Ryan"