Teeth going tomorrow :(

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sweet Escape

Teeth going tomorrow :(

#1 Post by Sweet Escape »

Ok, so tomorrow I'm getting 2 teeth removed from the top set of teeth. They're in the middle - 1 on each side.

I'm nervous - it sounds like this could be the most painful thing i've ever experienced.

Also, I'm worried due to my underbite, I'm forced to chew on the side, I hope removing these teeth won't make a different.

Apparently there is no room for other teeth or something so that's why it needs to be done.

Wish me luck!

Rosie

#2 Post by Rosie »

Hi

I need two uppers removed too. The ortho said this was to make room for movement but I'm gonna get a second opinion. Loosing two perfectly healthy teeth is terrible so I'm gonna make sure it's really needed. Have you had a second opinion????

LadyTr0uble

#3 Post by LadyTr0uble »

I found my extraction less painful than the sore gums from the braces
Absolutely nothing to worry about! Good luck!

Gennel

#4 Post by Gennel »

The only pain or discomfort you should feel is from an injection and that's it. If you are worried about pain later on in the day have some Advil or extra strength Tylenols ready at home.

Gennel

Silliry

#5 Post by Silliry »

I had two top teeth pulled in August, and it was fine! I was a little nervous going in, but like someone else said, the only time it hurt was when the dentist was inserting the novocaine (or whatever it was...). The extraction itself was pretty painless, just a little weird feeling. Afterwards, I was able to eat very soft foods for the rest of the day and I was basically back to normal the next day.

I did take some tylenol a couple of hours after the extraction, because there was a bit of a dull pain, but it really wasn't so bad at all!

BeeHappy

#6 Post by BeeHappy »

I am getting my lower 2nd premolar out today. Was very anxious yesterday, so saw my osteopath to do some relaxation stuff - as neck, shoulders and jaw very tense.

Also been taking homoepathic remedy aconite, which seems to have worked wonders and I had the best night's sleep ever last night. :banana:

I was going to get 2nd opinion, as I am against taking out healthy teeth, but I do have an odd number already, due to extractions in my teens, so on balance I could see the rationale behind the decision.

Well I am off just now, will let you know how I get on. Wish me luck!! :GapToothed:

Sweet Escape - hope it goes ok, let us know how it went.

Sweet Escape

#7 Post by Sweet Escape »

Went pretty well I was bleeding for a while after wards but that seems to have stoped

Only problem is the left side of my lip is still numb...

Am I able to drink alcohol tomorrow night, friends party.
It would have been over 24 hrs since i got it done.

BeeHappy

#8 Post by BeeHappy »

Yipee, it is over. I had my extraction at lunchtime today.

My dentist is sooooooooooooooooo good. First he put anaesthetic gel along the gum and then injected really slowly, took at least 2 minutes and I didn't feel a thing (and I am needle phobic). Was pratling away like mad.

Tooth came out very easily.

I said that I wanted to keep the tooth, so the dental nurse put it in a little baggie with a tooth fairy on the front - cute :heart:

Numbness has worn off. There is some discomfort around the injection site, but not enough to need pain killers. Have eaten soup and a bit of pizza on the right side of my mouth - which I pretty much do anyway due to poor bite!!

Am exhausted so early night I think

:-Z

Ortho tomorrow to get upper impressions for palate expander.

All systems go now.

Sweet Escape

#9 Post by Sweet Escape »

It still hurts to eat :(