tooth shaving

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Roobi9

tooth shaving

#1 Post by Roobi9 »

Hey guys - I know there is a name for "tooth shaving" but I forget what it is. Does anyone know? I'd love to look a pics of some results. I had it done to my 2 upper fronts 3 weeks ago and it' really coming out great!! I LOVE this forum by the way. 46 years old - braced 11/06 - ceramic uppers and lowers. :?

Roobi9

#2 Post by Roobi9 »

Yes! That's it. IPR. Thanks Kiwi - you're the best. I'd say about 90 percent of my irritating black triangle is gone. It drove me nuts but hopefully it will be gone soon. My ortho says she just needs to do some "touching up" and it should take care of it. I'll check out your link now.

kirjax

#3 Post by kirjax »

what are black triangles? and what are they caused by??

Sentenced: 20-24 months
Braced May 11, 2007
Debraced Feb. 23, 2009
21 months in braces, 17 months in elastic, NO regrets!! Now in Hawley retainers!!

lionfish

#4 Post by lionfish »

They are a result of gum recession. They usually present between the front teeth, from what I can gather.

I've had IPR three times now (once on top and twice on the bottom), because I've got fairly noticeable gaps, particularly between my bottom front teeth. Powerchains will (I hope) close them.

kirjax

#5 Post by kirjax »

thank you!

Braced May 11, 2007
Debraced Feb. 23, 2009
21 months in braces, 17 months in elastic, NO regrets!! Now in Hawley retainers!!

DavidT

#6 Post by DavidT »

So, IPR is a treatment for black triangles?

kirjax

#7 Post by kirjax »

not necessarily. IPR is also called slenderizing. So if people need extra space to move their teeth in place they will slim down the enamel from the tooth to create a small amount of space for you teeth to move.

It doesn't hurt (or so I've heard). I may have it eventually but so far so good!

there is lots of info on IPR on this site just do a search! Many have had it done.

Braced May 11, 2007
Debraced Feb. 23, 2009